By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Walmart Expecting Its “Largest Shipment Yet” of PlayStation 4 Consoles This Weekend

I think so, i believe Jack Treton said that they want people to be able to get a PS4 for christmas or just walk in a store and buy one.

Around the Network
Somini said:

Looks like PS4 will be easier to buy in the coming weeks. This is from Tesco:

UK PS4 Stock Deliveries to Become 'More Frequent' at Tesco

“I’m truly sorry, we cannot provide accurate stock information for [the PS4],” a representative told us on Twitter. “I can confirm that the deliveries will become more frequent in our Tesco Extra stores leading up to Christmas.”

Full article here:

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/12/uk_ps4_stock_deliveries_to_become_more_frequent_at_tesco

Just to say how it is in Austria and probably Germany too
Mediamarkt is getting the next shipment at the 16 or 17 December - Next week other stores get their shipments probably too.
BUT as far as i know for every Mediamarkt here none of them are for "walk in" customers - They are still for the people who Preordered and couldn't get one cause they only got around 100 units for mostly around 300 PreOrders.
Its still the case > The units Sony is pumping out are sold the moment they are made.They still can't satisfy demand and probably won't be able to for a long time.Don't think the USA is any different from Central Europe right now even though we have no competitor here compared to the USA.

I wish sony would bloody do more for their strongest support which is in Europe. All over the continent people are crying out for PS4 consoles.
Then again maybe they believe that Europe is secure and best to target America.

Gamestop just sending me an email saying ps4s just got restocked

SupBambiKing said:

Mediamarkt is getting the next shipment at the 16 or 17 December - Next week other stores get their shipments probably too.
BUT as far as i know for every Mediamarkt here none of them are for "walk in" customers

You could easily tell by looking into the stores, actually. Here in Switzerland, not even one shop bothered to make shelf space available for PS4s (tons of X360s, though). Sold out until end of February

Around the Network
justinian said:
I wish sony would bloody do more for their strongest support which is in Europe. All over the continent people are crying out for PS4 consoles.
Then again maybe they believe that Europe is secure and best to target America.

It is a bit like an election where you don't campaign in "safe" districts and spend ton of money on "battle ground" districts.  Sony lost the US last generation so to them achieving partiy there means success is assured world wide as Europe and Asia seem locked up.

that would be awesome if sony had another million consoles ready they will sell out in hours

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

I think Sony held there stockpile to satisfy some demand in these last weekends before cmas. Isee this weekend next weekend and maybe cmas eve getting large shipment. Ithink the stock that was going to online retalers in the past weeks will be focused on physical stores.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Also the walmart I got my ps4 recieved over 200PS4s they had 20 for non preorders.

Anyone know how this played out? curious to see how many PS4s were available today.