By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's Obsession With Finding 1 Game To Sell Hardware (Emily Rogers)

It has a lot of fighters, in japan they even have many fighters not even out here. It has a lot of sport games, yes its sad that F zero is missing but it has a lot of games

I dont know what you mean with cartoony, but 3ds games are not small, they are sometimes really big... Seriously Zelda OOT for 3ds is bigger than every Call of duty game, Bravely default is also huge. I havent gotten into it but Monster hunter is also huge on 3ds.

´The reason people like angry birds on ios and android are 2 fold, first most are not bigger. People got burned with the ones that are bigger games, i for example felt ripped off when I bought warlords for 5bucks. It was so bugged and bad, the computer seemed even weaker then on amiga or pc. Not to mention the games that cost 10 or more

Also for most other games the controls are way too bad on iphone or android.

YES I KNOW ITS ON VOGUE TO HATE NINTENDO!!! EVERYONE LIKES TO DOOM THE WII U BUT IT WILL SURVIVE!!!!!!!

ITS AN AWESOME CONSOLE AND NINTENDO MAKES THE BEST GAMES!!

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
zorg1000 said:
Interesting, they really needed to have a big 1-2 combo for the holidays. It seems like they had Mario as the big title and hoped that Wii Party/Sonic/Olympics would be strong support titles. 3D Mario+Mario Kart like 3DS had probably would have done the trick and helped Wii U out a bit more.

Maybe instead of putting everything on 2 games they should just try to create a wider overall portfolio of games. Relying on a "messiah" game is great when it works, but if it doesn't, you basically are stuck with your pants down and no other options. Which is what the Wii U is looking like right now. 

The Wii IMO taught Nintendo all sorts of poor lessons on how to build a console. No need to have third parties and really a well rounded software library with diversity because you can just rely on Mario + party games ... which is fine, until it stops working. I mean sh*t they didn't even need to market the Wii after a certain point, the word of mouth was selling it by itself. 

Nintendo got used to taking short cuts to success. 

Well technically Wii U does have a pretty diverse if u include 3rd parties and some of Nintendos smaller titles

ZombiU+Walking Dead+Resident Evil Revelations-Survival Horror

Call of Duty Black Ops 2+Ghosts-Military FPS

NSMBU+Luigi U+Sonic+3D World+Rayman-Platformers

Pikmin+Wonderful 101-Strategy

Wind Waker HD+Monster Hunter+Darksiders-Action RPG

Need For Speed+Sonic Racing-Racing

Nintendo Land+Game & Wario+Wii Party-Minigame Compilation

Tekken Tag Tournament+Injustice-Fighting

Assassins Creed 3/4+Batman Arkham+Lego City-Open World Action

Just Dance+Zumba+Wii Fit-Dance/Fitness

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Especially considering that pikmin and wonderful 101 is a totally different experience, than what you can get on other consoles.

But Nintendo hate makes people blind.

But i understand why people want that Mario Kart experience!!!! so fun to give other people the shell.

Anyway once the people realise its only smoke and mirror tricks of the other consoles and people craving for less soulless games with real good gameplay and lot of fun. the wii u will fly of the shelf.

Sometimes people take the wrong gf and later in retrospect find out the other was way cuter, nicer and prettier.

Wii u will shine at the end

ok i forgot Zombi u is unique as well

Videokameras said:

Especially considering that pikmin and wonderful 101 is a totally different experience, than what you can get on other consoles.

But Nintendo hate makes people blind.

But i understand why people want that Mario Kart experience!!!! so fun to give other people the shell.

Anyway once the people realise its only smoke and mirror tricks of the other consoles and people craving for less soulless games with real good gameplay and lot of fun. the wii u will fly of the shelf.

Sometimes people take the wrong gf and later in retrospect find out the other was way cuter, nicer and prettier.

Wii u will shine at the end

ok i forgot Zombi u is unique as well

Que? Pikmin is a simplified strategy game and its a sequel. W101 is a top down beat em up. Wouldnt really call them unique. Not saying their bad either.

Soundwave said:
Zelhawks37 said:
Follow the path of the 3DS. Pump games out like crazy.

It doesn't really work like that on consoles. People want more diversity in console lineups than just "Mario & Friends". with the occassional Pokemon game. 

Handhelds have a much lower attach rate of software which means people simply are happy with maybe 1 or 2 handheld games a year. Japan is the only market where people treat handhelds like a console. 

That's what I mean. Instead of one or two games, release from not so popular franchises (star fox, f-zero, Fire Emblem).

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

Around the Network

and what does ps4 and xbox one have for diversity?? well you can pick between shooters and racing games???

Zelhawks37 said:
Follow the path of the 3DS. Pump games out like crazy.

That's much harder with the lack of 3rd party support. Nintendo can only make so many games on their own.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Iwata will say whatever he believes will please the Nintendo shareholders the most. It is entirely forgivable, hell no, even virtuous, for an executive to focus on the silver lining, while pretending the rest of the cloud does not exist.

Easy.....Pokemon home console RPG...FFS do it already as it's been asked almost as much as a FF7 remake.

You know it's a cold day in hell when Reggie and I see eye to eye on any subject, he seems to understand the concept of tapping into the market constant through breadth of software but his Eastern fellows have a long way to go, just shows that they can't read the market.

Most of it is explained here;

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5869046

Also; Videokameras, would you lay off already? Your constant talk about how shit the competition is is getting even older than the Wii U doom. "Only racers and shooters", try to at least use arguments from after 2007.