By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Even more SPORE hype: GOTY according to Fortune Magazine and video

http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/12/technology/copeland_spore.fortune/index.htm?postversion=2008021411

'(Fortune Magazine) -- A gray-and-red-spotted lizardlike creature with two heads peers at me from the computer screen through eyes located, Cyclops-style, in the center of each forehead. It lets out a howl and bounds off its marbleized perch into a prehistoric forest. That was probably a howl of embarrassment. This poor creature has arms stuck around its ears, raised up and flapping comically in the wind, like a Hell's Angel riding a chopper with impossibly high handlebars. So much for intelligent design.

The creatures you create in your copy of the game - using what is essentially a consumer-friendly version of a high-end Hollywood 3-D modeling program - are automatically added to a central database and used to populate other players' universes. Wright calls this novel arrangement massively single-player gaming.

Wright and Lucy Bradshaw, the project's executive producer, have provided a variety of ways to take the characters and environments created inside Spore outside the confines of the game. Spore creations could become widgets on a Facebook page, animated videoclips passed around on YouTube, even physical objects etched in plastic by a 3-D printer. "When you unleash a new level of creative tools at a mass level, it usually explodes into something unpredictable," Wright says in his toy-filled Emeryville, Calif., office. "We have no idea what these tools will be used for, but it's going to be interesting to find out." '

Also check this video: http://money.cnn.com/video/ft/#/video/fortune/2008/02/13/fortune.spore.fortune

Around the Network

well this game will be awesome i hope it delivers like its hype

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I cannot wait. I seriously want this game now. This is probaly going to be goty for me. This or ssbb.

I think SSBB deserves it more based off what I've seen of Spore.

It'd be close though.

I'm to make an entire civilization of Yoshis haha.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

A 3d printer giving you a little figure of what you create does sound very nice actually.

Around the Network

I wonder if you can make Alien replicas. That'd be sweet.

this game has been getting a lot of hype for several years now. I just hope they are able to pull off everything they said they are working on. I don't think I will believe it is being released until I have the copy in my hand it has been delayed for so long.

This is my most anticipated game, followed closely by SSBB. If either one wins goty i will be happy.

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

cwbys21 said:
this game has been getting a lot of hype for several years now. I just hope they are able to pull off everything they said they are working on. I don't think I will believe it is being released until I have the copy in my hand it has been delayed for so long.

Will Wright can pull off anything, this is the BIGGEST game of 2008.  And I believe it will release on 5th  September, since this is the first time they've actually let us know a release date.

I think that if this lives upto expectations it may be huge, bigger even than SSBB, MK Wii, Mgs4 etc. I hope it does.