By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Xbox One 1080p Video Update Coming Soon

4k resolution , go xbox, when is sony going to do this

Around the Network

so ya im still lost...

is he saying that it cant do 1080p video but they are going to patch it in?

or going to patch in 1080p games?

or saying that since they are patching 1080p video that means games are coming?

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

bananaking21 said:
Trunkin said:

Wait... So he's saying that Spartan assault and Tombraider are somehow proof that M$ is planning on upping the res of every released One game?

Mind = Blown

no. he is saying that xbox one cannot support a native 1080p res. but can support a native 4k res. and that the native 1080p res will be patched in soon.

I read it the same way as Trunkin. This auther knows his stuff.

Baffledduck said:

Who cares. Do you have a 4K TV? Maybe 5% of the country has 4K TV right now.

ronco2000 said:
Baffledduck said:

Who cares. Do you have a 4K TV? Maybe 5% of the country has 4K TV right now.

I'd be amazed if it was even 1% P:

Around the Network

The capability of 1080p was always there and has been seen in some games.

What they may be doing is releasing a patch that frees up processing and or memory resources so that 1080p is easier to achieve.

Also, the additional commentary in the article about 66% more sales is true, but both consoles continue to be in high demand and mostly sold out... So the although true it should read Sony has been able to ship 66% more consoles than MS. Its not like MS has 2.1 million consoles shipped and 500K of consoles are sitting on shelves.

Is anyone really surprised?

"They will fix it" is the new credo already, and i'm sure there will be plenty of people who understand even less then the author and will take this seriously.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

bananaking21 said:
^^ come on dude no need to get banned over this.

The only person that should be banned is you for bringing this site into disrepute and posting continual mis information.

If I get banned there is no justice, I am advising correct information. Your post is completely wrong based on a  artcile that is wrong. They wrote what you wanted to read.

Pretty simple = article is not about GAMES, it is about playing VIDEO.
It's already well known and publicized that XBone games are outputting games at 1080p.
Outside of car racing and sports games all these are upscaled from 720/900p, but the output is still 1080p.
When the article talks about VIDEO, that's what it means, not games... Even if cutscenes blur the difference
So apparently this is just some unbelievable goof up of Microsoft, to not support 1080p video,
even while doing so for 4K video content (which of course there is practically no material to utilize with).
I mean, that technical oversight is weird on it's own, but this is the console whose selling point is
that just having a videogame console is not enough, it's all about TV,
and more importantly having a goofy new voice controlled interface to run your same old cable box.
So if it's all about TV, why isn't real HD video supported? Kind of baffling.
Of course, MS' TV push will have problems considering their TV schedule integration doesn't work in many countries, and in the UK (a 360 stronghold) they do not have a BBC iPlayer client (while PS4 does!)
which comes down to the BBC's policies on open access and MS' insistence on putting EVERYTHING online behind their XBox Live Gold paywall (even stuff that doesn't rely on MS servers, like Netflix and web browsing).
Anyhow, I'm sure they'll fix the 1080p video very soon, although that doesn't help for the video games.

existenz2 said:
bananaking21 said:
^^ come on dude no need to get banned over this.

The only person that should be banned is you for bringing this site into disrepute and posting continual mis information.

If I get banned there is no justice, I am advising correct information. Your post is completely wrong based on a  artcile that is wrong. They wrote what you wanted to read.

He still doesn't get it...