By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Xbox One 1080p Video Update Coming Soon

Xbox One 1080p update. Compared to next gen, here are some graphically inferior games. See. We can do 1080p!

Around the Network

The Xbox One is already perfectly capable of showing games at a native 1080p resolution.

So the big question is: What the fuck does this even mean, in practice?

I mean, the reason why most Xbox One games have relatively low resolution and framerate is because the Xbox One GPU is significantly weaker than that of the PS4. Rendering games at 720p30 instead of 1080p60 requires just about 1/5th the processing power, and yet, screenshots at 720p30 will look almost as good as 1080p60 screenshots.

So, game developers could already easily output Xbox One games at 1080p60 as well. It would obviously help the "Xbox One games have a lower resolution/framerate than their PS4 counterparts" complaints. But instead of complaining about resolution/framerate, people would then complain about the overall graphics quality being significantly worse than on PS4, which would be even worse.

So, sorry, I just don't buy it. I do not believe that most Xbox One games will soon output at a native 1080p60 resolution. I rather believe that this is some typical Microsoft propaganda - simply completely misleading.

Wow that reads like a bad Google translation.

So before this new rumored patch, xb1 down scales netflix and blu-ray to 720p before outputting it in 1080p again on your tv, erm what?

Wright said:
DakonBlackblade said:

If Xbox has always been able to do 1080p why in the world hasnt it been doing so yet.

It's called Napoleonic Ambush. You trick your adversary into believing you're losing and lack resources, then you strike and crush them down!

You caught me completely off-guard here! I almost fell off the chair! LOL!

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

Zekkyou said:
ronco2000 said:
Baffledduck said:
4k resolution , go xbox, when is sony going to do this

Who cares. Do you have a 4K TV? Maybe 5% of the country has 4K TV right now.

I'd be amazed if it was even 1% P:

I wasnt being serious , the articles logic was mindblowing he seemed to be saying because the xbox one can output at 4k he was confused as to why some games were 720p lol

Around the Network

Oh look I have my first cyber fan.... https://twitter.com/VGChartzP
Lets see who it is

The article doesn´t make any sense.

kabamarutr said:
Wright said:
DakonBlackblade said:

If Xbox has always been able to do 1080p why in the world hasnt it been doing so yet.

It's called Napoleonic Ambush. You trick your adversary into believing you're losing and lack resources, then you strike and crush them down!

You caught me completely off-guard here! I almost fell off the chair! LOL!

It worked well for Napoleon... until the invasion of Russia, that's it.

1080p like anything, is in the eyes of the beholder.

It is near the end of the end....

Now I...have a machine gun....HO..HO....HO.