By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - World in Conflict 360 delayed, now coming to ps3...

From WorthPlaying.com:

'World in Conflict' (X360) Further Delayed, Coming to PS3, With Extra Content
Posted on Thursday, February 14 @ 05:59:51 PST

World in Conflict is an RTS that delivers action and coordinated team play amidst a showdown between the Soviet Union and the US, with destructible 3D battlefields, team-based multiplayer and a focus on fast, hard-hitting battles. WiC on PS3 and X360, now scheduled for fall 2008, will get additional single/multiplayer content, which will be made available to PC users as addon.

Around the Network

Already got it on PC, I honestly don't get the point of taking RTSs to the consoles, unless you can use a mouse and keyboard on the PS3 version. My problem is that my computer is so slow that the cutscenes did not work properly, because the audio was a few seconds ahead of the video. Also, I had to play it on the lowest graphics settings and it was still choppy, but it is an awesome game

@Munkeh111: I agree. I avidly oppose bringing RTS to consoles unless they are designed entirely around the console's controls (ala the Wiimote). Porting a PC RTS to a console is a big no-no, in my opinion. It is my favorite genre, and to see great games ruined by console game pads is a travesty.

I have been thinking of picking this up on the PC, but I need to pick up the Supreme Commander expansion first.

Delayed on X360 and not on PS3? Wow don't happen much..

@ makingmusic, the End War idea will probably work, but I am doubtful on this one, I think there is a demo available somewhere if you want to try it out

Around the Network

Well UT3 was made so that you could use a mouse and keyboard if you wanted, so I can't imagine that they won't give the same choice for this game, especially since the control of an RTS is almost impossible to do well on a console.

konnichiwa said:
Delayed on X360 and not on PS3? Wow don't happen much..

No, it was delayed for the 360, along with an announcement of a new ps3 version.  The game was originally PC/360 only. 

why would they bring it to consoles RTS's belong on pc's

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Did anyone that is bashing RTSes on Consoles ever play LOTR: BFME2, or C&C 3 on X360?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Interesting. Is this the first RTS for the PS3?