SM3DWorld sales are bad

Where's Metroid? 91 30.74%

Outsold by Knack 95 32.09%

I want Galaxy 3 49 16.55%

I want 64-2 38 12.84%

I want Sunshine 2 22 7.43%

Total:295
kopstudent89 said:
Didn't Wii U rise to 28k in Japan? Second consecutive week it rises. And it's not really holidays in Japan yet so that argument is invalid there. It's not moving as much as many have hoped though definitely but I can't remember when 3D Mario was last seen as a console mover.

While Galaxy 2 didn't moved any console, it have a 1.2M FW. Galaxy moved consoles the week before BF and had a 0.8M FW.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

3D Land was also moving 3DS, not like a BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM, but it did over time and was the beginning of the wave of games, that made the 3DS successfull. Just wait till Mario Kart.

Pavolink said:
kopstudent89 said:
Didn't Wii U rise to 28k in Japan? Second consecutive week it rises. And it's not really holidays in Japan yet so that argument is invalid there. It's not moving as much as many have hoped though definitely but I can't remember when 3D Mario was last seen as a console mover.

While Galaxy 2 didn't moved any console, it have a 1.2M FW. Galaxy moved consoles the week before BF and had a 0.8M FW.

Userbase, dude.

Shortiloe said:

3D Land was also moving 3DS, not like a BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM, but it did over time and was the beginning of the wave of games, that made the 3DS successfull. Just wait till Mario Kart.

Pavolink said:
kopstudent89 said:

Userbase, dude.

1. We were saying the same when games started to roll, and nothing happened. Then when price cut and WWHD, and neither. Then SM3DWorld, and nothing again.

2. GC Userbase was small, still put better numbers for Sunshine. Userbase can be small but needs to be active.

"3D Flop literally flopped in Japan with a lame 100k FW (lowest 3D Mario debut ever) " really?? wow this is a HUGEE shock like really theres no way this could have happen! o.O like Mario Galaxy sold a little over one millon lifetime in japan with an install base of at last 10 (more actually) than the WiiU. and "Somehow" its the lowest debut??? wow no one would have every guess this shocking revelation... isnt handheld whats hot in japan? oh nevermind but yeah, wow....-_-

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Pavolink said:
Shortiloe said:

Pavolink said:
kopstudent89 said:

Userbase, dude.

1. We were saying the same when games started to roll, and nothing happened. Then when price cut and WWHD, and neither. Then SM3DWorld, and nothing again.

2. GC Userbase was small, still put better numbers for Sunshine. Userbase can be small but needs to be active.

Maybe VGC-Numbers are not THAT exactly right, but Wii U sales getting better each week since Wind Waker and price cut, don't know what you have done the last 2 months.

Around the Network

well-it is some kind of natural law that using the same trick twice does not work.

Nintendo repeated the same 3ds strategy(zelda hd+ mario 2.75d).You may once buy a console because of that but not twice+Oot was a legend ,windwaker not,2.75d mario a great game on 3ds but can't hold candle to galaxy .
a little bit fatigue+huge fatigue with the mario franchise(+2 mario games with mario in green pants(luigi))

time for something new and exiting especially since things like kawashima+wii fit lost all appeal.

2D mario,2D/3D mario, Mario kart, SSB, all of them are also on 3DS...
Zelda, there is also in 3DS, the best of all(OoT) and a new 2D very good.
DK, fire emblem, animal crossing, kirby, yoshi... All of them are in 3DS.
besides, the other, are niche games, that never sold systems(pikmin, X)
So, is difficult... At least if luigis mansion dark moon was released on the wii U...

Pavolink said:
Shortiloe said:

Pavolink said:
kopstudent89 said:

Userbase, dude.

I did mention in another thread toady that Mario has become bigger on handhelds than on consoles in terms of impact. Yeah agreed with most of what you said but I've also felt that MArio complimented other lineups and rode the wave rather than a game that started the wave. That's my opinion at least.

anthony64641 said:
"3D Flop literally flopped in Japan with a lame 100k FW (lowest 3D Mario debut ever) " really?? wow this is a HUGEE shock like really theres no way this could have happen! o.O like Mario Galaxy sold a little over one millon lifetime in japan with an install base of at last 10 (more actually) than the WiiU. and "Somehow" its the lowest debut??? wow no one would have every guess this shocking revelation... isnt handheld whats hot in japan? oh nevermind but yeah, wow....-_-

Super Mario Sunshine FW 388k

Just alittle over Wii U userbase. Try again.

Is the WiiU really guaranteed GC total sales?

I'm worried it's gonna fall under.

It's disappointing that 3D World hasn't had much of an impact. But then again did any 3D Mario have a huge impact at launch apart from Mario 64? Maybe 3D World will have more of an invisible impact on selling consoles wherein it will do so over a long period of time in smaller amounts.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey