By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rebooting Jak, who should do it?

Tagged games:

think-man said:
veritaz said:
think-man said:
Nem said:
To be honest i wouldnt like to see a reboot, but instead a continuation. A jak 4.
Jak is too recent for a reboot.

Only thing is though calling it Jak 4 after such a long rest maybe a bad thing. Unless they did some kind of Jak future series like ratchet.

I hope that happens, the future series are my favorite ratchet and clank games. Thinking of a next gen Jak game already has me angry it's not happening.

I doubt Sony would let him die! I mean they were already planning one but ND scrapped it so they may return to the idea at some point.

I can only hope for now. If it's anything like the hope Pandora was talking about form God of War it will be done!

Around the Network
think-man said:
Nem said:
To be honest i wouldnt like to see a reboot, but instead a continuation. A jak 4.
Jak is too recent for a reboot.

Only thing is though calling it Jak 4 after such a long rest maybe a bad thing. Unless they did some kind of Jak future series like ratchet.

Isn't this the point of the HD collections.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Naughty Dog should buy Insomniac, merge their teams, and make a great new platform franchise that drives the best from Crash/Spyro, Ratchet/Jak eras...

veritaz said:
You have no idea how much I want another game, I had to settle with platinuming all 3 games on both PS3 and vita.

I heard it wasn't really playable on Vita? I've gone through and platinumed Jak 1 and very nearly Jak II (nearly more orbs... mostly racing and gun courses) on PS3, still haven't got round to 3 yet. But if I can play it on Vita, then Jak 1 platinum #2 here I come!

Anyway, nobody. The games were great and I would love to have Naughty Dog make something like that in the future, but let Jak be!

I want another one like the first one.

Open world platforming was so satisfying.

Around the Network

Definitely not ND they are to precious to work on something like Jak. Not Insomniac or it will end up mediocre or experimental. Sansaru, Tarsier maybe. All in all leave the franchise altogether cause it's not worth it, or make it an exclusive for the Vita with a apropriate budget.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Munkeh111 said:
veritaz said:
You have no idea how much I want another game, I had to settle with platinuming all 3 games on both PS3 and vita.

I heard it wasn't really playable on Vita? I've gone through and platinumed Jak 1 and very nearly Jak II (nearly more orbs... mostly racing and gun courses) on PS3, still haven't got round to 3 yet. But if I can play it on Vita, then Jak 1 platinum #2 here I come!

Anyway, nobody. The games were great and I would love to have Naughty Dog make something like that in the future, but let Jak be!

Jak 1 on vita is the only 1 out of the 3 that I had no problems with at all on vita, so it's an easy platinum. Jak 2 on the other hand will give you a few problems like controls, some fps drops but it's still completely doable. Jak 3 on vita is a little better than 2 but sitll has some fps problems. 

veritaz said:
Munkeh111 said:

Jak 1 on vita is the only 1 out of the 3 that I had no problems with at all on vita, so it's an easy platinum. Jak 2 on the other hand will give you a few problems like controls, some fps drops but it's still completely doable. Jak 3 on vita is a little better than 2 but sitll has some fps problems. 

Jak 1 is my favourite by some distance, so if that one works fine, I'm happy. I got it for free with PS+ anyway

Munkeh111 said:
veritaz said:
Munkeh111 said:

Jak 1 is my favourite by some distance, so if that one works fine, I'm happy. I got it for free with PS+ anyway

My favorite is Jak 2, probably because of the story and new gameplay elements added.

d2wi said:
I want another one like the first one.

Open world platforming was so satisfying.

Agreed. First one was great, follow ups were no to my taste and I gave up on the series.

I would vote Sanzaru as Sly 4 was great game (best since the first) so maybe they could work their magic on it.

As for Ratchet and Clank, I love the series and want Insomniac making anothe rone for PS4 now.