By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rebooting Jak, who should do it?

Tagged games:

veritaz said:
Munkeh111 said:

Jak 1 is my favourite by some distance, so if that one works fine, I'm happy. I got it for free with PS+ anyway

My favorite is Jak 2, probably because of the story and new gameplay elements added.

I just didn't find it anywhere as near as fun as Jak 1. If Jak were to be rebooted, I want that hub based platforming focused game. You spent most of Jak II driving around a city which wasn't that visually interesting

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
veritaz said:
Munkeh111 said:

Jak 1 is my favourite by some distance, so if that one works fine, I'm happy. I got it for free with PS+ anyway

My favorite is Jak 2, probably because of the story and new gameplay elements added.

I just didn't find it anywhere as near as fun as Jak 1. If Jak were to be rebooted, I want that hub based platforming focused game. You spent most of Jak II driving around a city which wasn't that visually interesting

Well even if you didn't like the new gameplay elements, you gotta admit jak 2 had an awesome story compared to the 1st and 3rd one.

veritaz said:
Munkeh111 said:

Well even if you didn't like the new gameplay elements, you gotta admit jak 2 had an awesome story compared to the 1st and 3rd one.

I suppose, I certainly didn't like it as much as Jak 1 or 3 overall. I think the problem was at the time I don't think i actually finished it... 

Munkeh111 said:
veritaz said:
Munkeh111 said:

I suppose, I certainly didn't like it as much as Jak 1 or 3 overall. I think the problem was at the time I don't think i actually finished it... 

But you eventually did finish it right? I know some people didn't because of the difficulty curve.

d2wi said:
I want another one like the first one.

Open world platforming was so satisfying.

Hear, hear.

That's why my pick would be Ready at Dawn. In my opinion, the best Jak sequel (or interquel, to be precise) was Daxter on PSP.

Around the Network
veritaz said:
Munkeh111 said:
veritaz said:

But you eventually did finish it right? I know some people didn't because of the difficulty curve.

The HD version yeah

eFKac said:
Definitely not ND they are to precious to work on something like Jak. Not Insomniac or it will end up mediocre or experimental. Sansaru, Tarsier maybe. All in all leave the franchise altogether cause it's not worth it, or make it an exclusive for the Vita with a apropriate budget.

If Insomniac don't experiment with it and stay true to its roots then they will do a fine job. Into the Nexus they went back to the roots and its was amazing.