By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is completely out of touch with reality.

Zero999 said:

Donkey kong is definetely a system seller.

That doesn't make that announcement worth appearing at the VGX though.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:

Bookmarked....It is not close to one.

Panicnausia said:
Zero999 said:

Bookmarked....It is not close to one.

Nah, it'll sell systems. Probably not as many as he believes it will, but really what is the exact definition of a system seller anyway.

gamecube was the only hardcore gamer console at the time, people who didnt buy a gamecube at least for f zero were no hardcore gamers. It was probably the game for hardcore gamers!!!

I dont really know but if you look at the big picture this sounds like this was a crappy internet show which missed most of there core customers. Now i do think it was a poor choice to show what they did but i dont think it was a big deal. Nintendo knows what they are doing just look at the 3ds.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Zero999 said:

the OP said it wasn't a system seller.

they should've shown X. We know next to nothing about that game and we haven't received news about it since E3.

Zero999 said:
DerNebel said:
Zero999 said:

the OP said it wasn't a system seller.

At what point does a game become a system seller? If it sells a couple thousand consoles? A couple 100 thousand? The word is really unspecific to me.

If we look at the definition and examples from this site, which was just the first result on google when I searched system seller, then no, Donkey Kong will not be a system seller.

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/System_sellers

Videokameras said:

gamecube was the only hardcore gamer console at the time, people who didnt buy a gamecube at least for f zero were no hardcore gamers. It was probably the game for hardcore gamers!!!

For Nintendo fans, yes. For everyone else, not.

Zero999 said:

If Mario didn't do it, then there's no chance.