By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo should be strictly a software company and go enter the mobile market? Why not Sony as well, or Microsoft?

I hate seeing this all of the time.  Everybody claims that Nintendo would make shit tons of profit if they released games of theirs on phones.
Why doesn't anybody think that Sony would benefit from seeing their franchises on phones? Uncharted mobile, or Gran Tourismo... Yeah...
How about a Halo game on mobile.

Mobile games are used to pass time... That is pretty much it... Most of them aren't quality games.  Why should Nintendo reduce their beloved franchises to inferior quality?  I'm sure that in the long run, it would damage the image of Nintendo's quality franchises... They wouldn't make more money if they did this. Stop pretending, stop hating.

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network

Because people want Nintendo games on platforms they have, or are planning to buy.

Seriously, I don't get why this meme refuses to die.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

I see people playing emulated Pokemon (often GSC) all the time on buses, trains, in schools, etc.

Why doesn't Nintendo tap into that market? Currently their product is everywhere illegitimately for free. Pretty sure they could release GSC for $5-10 and have no effect on current software.

^^ We don't either.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Because Sony makes great hardware, Im not happy with Nintendo hardware, its really hard going from Vita to 3DS XL because the screens are so awful. Yellowish tints, huge pixels making everything blocky, no real multitasking or other functions.

Yeah I do own both handhelds

Around the Network
FarleyMcFirefly said:

I hate seeing this all of the time.  Everybody claims that Nintendo would make shit tons of profit if they released games of theirs on phones.
Why doesn't anybody think that Sony would benefit from seeing their franchises on phones? Uncharted mobile, or Gran Tourismo... Yeah...
How about a Halo game on mobile.

Mobile games are used to pass time... That is pretty much it... Most of them aren't quality games.  Why should Nintendo reduce their beloved franchises to inferior quality?  I'm sure that in the long run, it would damage the image of Nintendo's quality franchises... They wouldn't make more money if they did this. Stop pretending, stop hating.

Just play some fuckin' games and try not to get your panties tied in a knot.

Erm...

Turkish said:

Because Sony makes great hardware, Im not happy with Nintendo hardware, its really hard going from Vita to 3DS XL because the screens are so awful. Yellowish tints, huge pixels making everything blocky, no real multitasking or other functions.

Yeah I do own both handhelds

You should've bought a normal 3DS.

It's because Nintendo games>>>>>> Sony/MS games. Everybody wants to play Nintendo games, even Sony/MS gamers - while Nintendo fans don't feel the need to play Sony/MS games...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Turkish i find the ocarina of time graphics awesome.

Besides i also have xl version, im perfectly happy with it.

I don't really understand why the arguments are tied together. Nintendo could easily create mobile games while maintaining their presence in the hardware world.

I don't really even see how developing mobile games would hurt them. It's not like Nintendo doesn't make spin-off games quite often. A spin-off Pokemon title for phones would only increase the user-base, for example. A Pokemon Snap would be wildly popular. They could even use lesser franchises instead, like Kirby or Star Fox (!).

One of Nintendo's failings is that they often resist new trends until the market forces them, like an account system or a fully-formed internet infrastructure. At least they're getting into mobile somewhat with that Pokemon Tap app.