By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTAV confirmed as Game of the Year on VGX Awards?

it was always going to win from the start, it is basically VIDEO GAME in its purest enjoyable form.

last of us has great story, arguable the better in my opinion, but in terms of game mechanics meh.

Around the Network

Look at it this way Aldro. The games that won GOTY usually didn't win much else on VGA's.

Now TLoU will probably win best Action Adventure and best PlayStation, I also will go on a limp and say ND for the studio of the year, but that's more of a wishful thinking, Rockstar will take it most probably

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

the_dengle said:
jlmurph2 said:

I thought he was literally joking, considering how much he posts on the "Sony side" while saying things like "The Wii U is done"

He probably does think he's being ironic. Too bad he was accidentally correct for a change. Bioshock Infinite was nauseatingly bland. Mario is spectacular, and it is not generic simply by nature of having "Mario" in its title.

And Bioshock Infinite has Bioshock in its title also meaning it isn't generic.

enrageorange said:
the_dengle said:
jlmurph2 said:

I thought he was literally joking, considering how much he posts on the "Sony side" while saying things like "The Wii U is done"

He probably does think he's being ironic. Too bad he was accidentally correct for a change. Bioshock Infinite was nauseatingly bland. Mario is spectacular, and it is not generic simply by nature of having "Mario" in its title.

Good thing I played the game and can confirm that it is bland and generic by its own merits, unlike previous Bioshocks which were neither of those things.

jlmurph2 said:
the_dengle said:
jlmurph2 said:

You call Bioshock generic and then say Mario should win.

I don't see the trolling part, can you spell it out more clearly for me? Both of those statements sound like valid opinions to me.

I play nintendo systems more then sony btw

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
enrageorange said:
the_dengle said:
jlmurph2 said:

Good thing I played the game and can confirm that it is bland and generic by its own merits, unlike previous Bioshocks which were neither of those things.

Good thing the vast majority of both critics and average gamers, confirm that it was actually a pretty amazing game. It's fine though, no game will appeal to everyone. 

Edit:
Sorry got a little too defensive. Everyone can have their own opinion on a game.

These awards have always bothered me. Especially considering our votes are just smoke in the wind.

Last of Us was my GOTY for sure. GTA was the runner up in my eyes so I cannot be in complete disagreement.

The Last of Us or Ni no Kuni. The only two GOTY I will acknowledge.

Sick of it being the game with the biggest budget, most money, or biggest explosions.  Sick of dude bro mainstream appeal period.

Most sales or money doesn't mean the game is good.  That masses are dumb, CoD is proof enough that the masses know squat.

007BondAgent said:
gergroy said:
Ugh, lame. I do have to give rockstar credit for making one the most felxible games ever made. You can pretty much do anything in it, but it is far too crass for my tastes.

My vote for goty would probably go to bioshock infinite... Or the last of us. One of those two.

Bioshock infinite? that's game defined a new meaning of generic

Mario 3D world should win game of the year.

Mario 3D did not even played but atleast half million people yet, so how do you think that is best game to be accepted widely.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.