By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry vs. AC4 PS3/360/WiiU/PS4/XB1/PC

I honestly don't think Digital Foundry serves any useful purpose in the industry, which I suppose makes them no different from most gaming journalists.

I'm all for making informed decisions about the games that you purchase, but I really feel that most of what they do is encourage people to get caught up on relatively meaningless differences that most people might have quite happily been oblivious too if they'd simply bought one version of the game.

Around the Network

I have the wiiu version and I must say that at first I was a bit disapointed by the frame rate but, I don't know if its just me, since an update, I haven't seen the drops from the first time I've played the game.

Where does that chart come from? Since nintendo didn't officially reveal the exact specs of wiiu and is used as reference on this chart, I am a bit skeptical of its value.

I feel bad for the Wii U, developers aren't even giving it a chance anymore.

Wii U beaten by 360 and PS3.

Yes Wii U has some amazing games, but now can we please stop saying it's good hardware? It's not a strong machine AT ALL. Proven multiples times over by losing to 8 year old machines.

Around the Network
Wighead said:

Where does that chart come from? Since nintendo didn't officially reveal the exact specs of wiiu and is used as reference on this chart, I am a bit skeptical of its value.

it was from an insider on gaf, and the mods agreed that he had legit info, also the porject cars dev confirmed the samething in the same thread but was later deleted due to NDA, since nintendo won't release there specs this is as offical as it gets.

Sensei said:

Yes Wii U has some amazing games, but now can we please stop saying it's good hardware? It's not a strong machine AT ALL. Proven multiples times over by losing to 8 year old machines.

Wii U is more powerful than PS360. Fact. Only in Wonderland is weaker. Ubisoft (and others) just don't want to spend money on it.

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:
Sensei said:

Wii U is more powerful than PS360. Fact. Only in Wonderland is weaker. Ubisoft (and others) just don't want to spend money on it.

How is that a fact, when specs and multiplatform comparisons say differently, don't get me wrong i think my wiiu is slightly more capable cause of the extra ram, but when i see almost all third party games running inferior and many by a huge margin, i can accept reality and see the hardware is not a step up.

PS4 textures are even sharper than PC's on the first pic.

As a Wii U lover, I've given up hope for the Wii U version of any 3rd party game, now. It's like seeing your child compete against his classmates and finding out that he's the worst at everything. I still love ya, Wii U. After school, we'll go grab some ice cream!