By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I am not a Nintendo fanboy

so what? O.o its just people's opinions on the internet, who cares what they think, ya feel me

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
snyps said:

I've followed your posts Curl6, you are most definately not a fanboy.  For a while recently, i thought you lost all faith in Nintendo.  But you were justified.

Thanks man. :)

It's true, I did come very close to losing all faith in them. I'm a bit of a pessimist by nature, and their recent misfortunes have reinforced this negative tendency of mine, because at times it seems like assuming the worst is the safest bet.

I love their games, at least most of them, but holy cow their management needs a kick in the pants.

Maybe Iwata should cut his own salary again.  One thing Nintendo management is known for is ignoring market advice.  That's a very firm policy at Nintendo, always has been.  For better or worse they are going to do their own thing.  I'm pessimistic by nature too. I'm resigned to expect Nintendo Wii U won't dominate like 3DS.  But we can hope that Nintendo will pull out their secret weapons.  Anything can happen.   And if ppl don't play it's their loss, not ours :)

Back on point,  assholes just want to see Nintendo lose.  They don't like it when expectations don't match.  I'm downloading 3D World now.. I can't wait!

snyps said:
curl-6 said:
snyps said:

I've followed your posts Curl6, you are most definately not a fanboy.  For a while recently, i thought you lost all faith in Nintendo.  But you were justified.

Thanks man. :)

It's true, I did come very close to losing all faith in them. I'm a bit of a pessimist by nature, and their recent misfortunes have reinforced this negative tendency of mine, because at times it seems like assuming the worst is the safest bet.

I love their games, at least most of them, but holy cow their management needs a kick in the pants.

Maybe Iwata should cut his own salary again.  One thing Nintendo management is known for is ignoring market advice.  That's a very firm policy at Nintendo, always has been.  For better or worse they are going to do their own thing.  I'm pessimistic by nature too. I'm resigned to expect Nintendo Wii U won't dominate like 3DS.  But we can hope that Nintendo will pull out their secret weapons.  Anything can happen.   And if ppl don't play it's their loss, not ours :)

Back on point,  assholes just want to see Nintendo lose.  They don't like it when expectations don't match.  I'm downloading 3D World now.. I can't wait!

It was amazing for me, hope it is for you too!

I am not Fred Fuchs.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Before reading your post i agreed with your title, if people think you are too one sided then make your points seem less bias. Like if you loved non ninty games last gen, don't act like they are a godly dev.

curl-6 said:

Recently, when proclaiming my love for Super Mario 3D World, I was informed that I was "fanboying" too hard. This and a number of other comments made to me recently have led me to the conclusion that many here see me as a Nintendo fanboy.

Now, it's true I see Nintendo as the single best game developer in the industry. But this specific term, "fanboy" carries with it stronger connotations than that; a blind love for the company no matter what, seeing all they make as automatically golden, and a view of their competitor's products as inherently bad and inferior.

Why I don't fit this definition:

- Throughout this year, I've criticized Nintendo more than most of the people labelled "haters".

- Some of my favourite games of the 7th gen weren't even on Nintendo consoles; Bioshock, Bayonetta, Bioshock Infinite, Dead Space, Uncharted 2.

- I own a 360, a PS2, a PS1, an original Xbox, and a Sega Megadrive. I am open to getting a PS4 or an Xbox One.

- I hate, hate, HATE Smash Bros. All of them.

- I dislike plenty of other beloved Nintendo games, including Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, Mario Kart 64.

- Don't even get me started on Metroid Other M.

That´s ok, pal. Nice to see you appreciate videogaming in general, no matter the brands or the devices

I just think that this was unecessary. You know, fanboys will jump on every kind of sick conclusions if we simply write "Mario 3d World is great". Booooom... bombs come from everywhere just because you´re saying that a game not produced by their favorite brand is great.

If people start to take conclusions about your preferences, forget them. They´re the ones who have trouble with fanboyism, not you.

If thinking 3D World is an amazing game makes you a fanboy, count me in

You don't have to blindly follow a company to be a fanboy.

areason said:
Before reading your post i agreed with your title, if people think you are too one sided then make your points seem less bias. Like if you loved non ninty games last gen, don't act like they are a godly dev.

Why does me liking some non-Nintendo games last gen preclude Nintendo being a gody dev?