By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I am not a Nintendo fanboy

RolStoppable said:
How many of the people that matter have called you that?

none, because no one on this site really matters.

Around the Network

Looking at all the games you dislike I'd say you're a Microsoft fanboy...

Just kidding :P

Umm wrong

Your definition of a fanboy is not correct

curl-6 said:

Recently, when proclaiming my love for Super Mario 3D World, I was informed that I was "fanboying" too hard. This and a number of other comments made to me recently have led me to the conclusion that many here see me as a Nintendo fanboy.

Now, it's true I see Nintendo as the single best game developer in the industry. But this specific term, "fanboy" carries with it stronger connotations than that; a blind love for the company no matter what, seeing all they make as automatically golden, and a view of their competitor's products as inherently bad and inferior.

Why I don't fit this definition:

- Throughout this year, I've criticized Nintendo more than most of the people labelled "haters".

- Some of my favourite games of the 7th gen weren't even on Nintendo consoles; Bioshock, Bayonetta, Bioshock Infinite, Dead Space, Uncharted 2.

- I own a 360, a PS2, a PS1, an original Xbox, and a Sega Megadrive. I am open to getting a PS4 or an Xbox One.

- I hate, hate, HATE Smash Bros. All of them.

- I dislike plenty of other beloved Nintendo games, including Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, Mario Kart 64.

- Don't even get me started on Metroid Other M.

Blasphemy!

Any way, two things;

1) Why care at all what people/forum dwellers think of you?

2) Why care at all what people/forum dwellers think of you?

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Arius Dion said:
curl-6 said:

Recently, when proclaiming my love for Super Mario 3D World, I was informed that I was "fanboying" too hard. This and a number of other comments made to me recently have led me to the conclusion that many here see me as a Nintendo fanboy.

Now, it's true I see Nintendo as the single best game developer in the industry. But this specific term, "fanboy" carries with it stronger connotations than that; a blind love for the company no matter what, seeing all they make as automatically golden, and a view of their competitor's products as inherently bad and inferior.

- Throughout this year, I've criticized Nintendo more than most of the people labelled "haters".

- Some of my favourite games of the 7th gen weren't even on Nintendo consoles; Bioshock, Bayonetta, Bioshock Infinite, Dead Space, Uncharted 2.

- I own a 360, a PS2, a PS1, an original Xbox, and a Sega Megadrive. I am open to getting a PS4 or an Xbox One.

- I dislike plenty of other beloved Nintendo games, including Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, Mario Kart 64.

Blasphemy!

Any way, two things;

Cos it could impact my interactions here, skew polls/threads I create, etc.

Around the Network

Feh, the real Nintendo fans are the ones who attack Nintendo from the left (that is, from the opposite flank that most gamers attack them). The softcore Nintendo fans are the ones that actually support Nintendo's decisions, or attack them from the "right"

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

"- I own a 360, a PS2, a PS1, an original Xbox, and a Sega Megadrive. I am open to getting a PS4 or an Xbox One."

This means little. I own an Xbox and all Nintendo consoles (except the Wii and Wii U, but I intend to get the latter), and I worship the Sony cock. But anyway, I know what you mean. I'm a Sony enthusiast, which is far from a "Sony fanboy" (yes that bit about worship was in jest).

And ... how can you hate Smash? :O It's a gift from the gods to us mortals.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

curl-6 said:
Arius Dion said:
curl-6 said:

Blasphemy!

Any way, two things;

Cos it could impact my interactions here, skew polls/threads I create, etc.

You're a respectable poster, always have been since I've been here. That's all that matters. If some folks wanna give you shi* for it, oh well. You're console agnostic, well written, the site is better for your involvement. I'd say that's good enough. But still, blasphemy on your hate of Smash...how dare u.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Weedlab said:

And ... how can you hate Smash? :O It's a gift from the gods to us mortals.

Don't like fighting games in general, and I find the controls/physics too twitchy and loose.

So you own a 360, PS1/2, OG Xbox and a Mega Drive. But hate Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, Smash, MK64 and Metroid Other M? Those games aren't on any of those systems, that's probably why you didn't like them, you fiendish multiplatform fanboy. #Kappa