By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - which is the best jrpg franchise in your opinion?

which is the best jrpg franchise?

final fantasy 97 45.33%

persona 44 20.56%

pokemon 23 10.75%

fire emblem 12 5.61%

the legend of zelda 25 11.68%

mario 9 4.21%

shin megami tensei 4 1.87%

Total:214
orniletter said:
NobleTeam360 said:
orniletter said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Final Fantasy shits on all of those JRPGs.

Which one ? XIII, XIII-2 or Lightning Returns ?

Although I personally liked XIII and XIII-2 (Lightning Returns isn't out in America yet) I understand plenty of people didn't. I think Final Fantasy X and XII easily best JRPG games I have ever played to this date. 

I´m just messing with you :)

Your mean!!!!!!!!!! lol

Around the Network

Final Fantasy IX destorys every jrpg every made

So.. final fantasy

lestatdark said:
NobleTeam360 said:
orniletter said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Although I personally liked XIII and XIII-2 (Lightning Returns isn't out in America yet) I understand plenty of people didn't. I think Final Fantasy X and XII easily best JRPG games I have ever played to this date. 

While I also think that XII is one of the best JRPG games of all time (actually to me it's on par with FFVI as one of the best games, regardless of genre, of all time), that opinion is highly unpopular around here, sadly. 

Last time I gave my opinion of XII and tried to defend it, I almost got insulted here on VGC. I drew the line there when it came to participating on FF threads.

Yeah, it seems like it's the popular thing to do (hate on Final Fantasy) I mean XIII wasn't even that bad and all of a sudden Final Fantasy is garbage? doesn't make sense to me. 

NobleTeam360 said:
lestatdark said:
NobleTeam360 said:
orniletter said:
NobleTeam360 said:

While I also think that XII is one of the best JRPG games of all time (actually to me it's on par with FFVI as one of the best games, regardless of genre, of all time), that opinion is highly unpopular around here, sadly. 

Last time I gave my opinion of XII and tried to defend it, I almost got insulted here on VGC. I drew the line there when it came to participating on FF threads.

Yeah, it seems like it's the popular thing to do (hate on Final Fantasy) I mean XIII wasn't even that bad and all of a sudden Final Fantasy is garbage? doesn't make sense to me. 

To a lot of people, FF has been garbage since VII released . These debates are nothing new amongst the FF community, every new release gets heated exchanges between the pre-VII and the post-VII fans. Even fans of games like IX came out and said that X was utter crap, fans of X came out and said that XII was the worst game ever made, etc. etc.

The problem with XIII is that these debates hit the mainstream as well, because it was critically panned by the reviewers, and there previously hasn't been an era in videogames in which reviews have had so much power as they have now. So the congregation of hate, doom and the worst that the gaming community can produce revolved around FFXIII. That, and people oh so love to see popular things getting destroyed. 

I agree with you that XIII wasn't that bad. Not my favourite FF, but far from being near the worst FFs, in my opinion.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I've yet to play a Tales game that disappoints me. Even Phantasia was a blast to play.

Around the Network

Where's Suikoden? :(

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway

Favorite rpg would be Nino Kuni, but best franchise = Final Fantasy followed by Pokemon.

No idea why people are hating on FF XIII. I think it's great (from what I've played so far).

Wright said:

I've yet to play a Tales game that disappoints me. Even Phantasia was a blast to play.

Whoa, even? Phantasia is probably one of the best Tales of all time . (It being my most replayed Tales of game. 4 playthroughs on the Dejap translation of the Snes version, 2 playthroughs on the Phantasian Productions translation of the PSX version and 2 on the insanely bad GBA port, might have something to do with my views of it xD).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Overall, it would have to be Suikoden.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

lestatdark said:
Wright said:

Whoa, even? Phantasia is probably one of the best Tales of all time . (It being my most replayed Tales of game. 4 playthroughs on the Dejap translation of the Snes version, 2 playthroughs on the Phantasian Productions translation of the PSX version and 2 on the insanely bad GBA port, might have something to do with my views of it xD).

First (and only) time I played it was on the GBA, that's why xD