By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - which is the best jrpg franchise in your opinion?

which is the best jrpg franchise?

final fantasy 97 45.33%

persona 44 20.56%

pokemon 23 10.75%

fire emblem 12 5.61%

the legend of zelda 25 11.68%

mario 9 4.21%

shin megami tensei 4 1.87%

Total:214

jrpg it is.mine is final fantasy???nah...persona it is.

Around the Network

Persona. Easily.

Final Fantasy fell off the Good Game Train round about 2006.

]

Of that list, Final Fantasy to me.

Though the lack of Dragon Quest is appalling. It completely eclipses almost every other JRPG series in terms of constant quality in their games (DQX is the dark sheep of the family though).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:

Though the lack of Dragon Quest is appalling. It completely eclipses almost every other JRPG series in terms of constant quality in their games (DQX is the dark sheep of the family though).

Damn right! DQVIII was such an amazing game.

]

Vikki said:
lestatdark said:

Damn right! DQVIII was such an amazing game.

I've lost count to the amount of times I replayed DQ8 on my PS2 . It's a damn shame S-E doesn't have it in them to make a HD remake for the PS3, would buy that in a heartbeat, Cor' Blimey!

@BasilZero - You haven't lived until you've played DQV on the NDS . The original was already on my top 5 games of all time and the NDS remake cemented it's place on that list. That being said, DQIV and DQVI NDS remakes are pretty good, especially DQVI as it's the first time you can actually play it properly (outside of japan), as every attempt at Fan Translation of the original was appalling at best.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Used to be FF, now Persona.

Mario is a better jrpg then Shin Megami Tensei confirmed!

The lack of Kingdom Hearts on that list makes me sad =(

Anyway my favourite franchises of all time in order across all franchises is
1. Final Fantasy
2. Pokemon
3. The Legend of Zelda
4. Metal Gear Solid (only non RPG on the list)
5. Kingdom Hearts

Final Fantasy.

zelda isnt a jrpg and persona is part of shin megami tensei

idk, you need a lot more franchises, like tales, xenoblade, baten kaitos, suikoden, chrono games

my favorite is persona 3, so i guess persona in the poll