By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft claims Xbox One sold out worldwide; Retailers beg to differ

It is sold out at SOME retailers around the world. Some retailers here are out of stock and are taking orders for the second shipment, which has not arrived yet, other retailers still have Xb one in stock.

So Yusuf is being cute with his wording, but not untruthful.

Of course this once again rears the topic of yeild issues. Xb one shipped to fewer countries with lower sales to consumers compared to PS4 yet is short of stock. Perhaps the factories have lower production capacity compared to PS4 and it's not yield per se that is the reason for Xb one shipping fewer units than PS4.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
thismeintiel said:
jlmurph2 said:
(Sony's quiet about something): They must be cooking up some amazing things!

(MS quiet about something): They fail! Xbox will be a bomb!

Lol, you sure you don't have those flipped?  At least that's what MS people have been saying for years, even though Sony has always been less vocal about certain sales milestones.  Hell, they said nothing when they beat the 360 in Oct's NPD.  MS, on the other hand, ALWAYS say something when they have something to say.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/26/sony-and-playstation-4-silence-is-golden

"Sony and Playstation 4: Silence is Golden"

http://www.examiner.com/article/microsoft-risking-xbox-720-success-with-silence-300-subscription-fee

"Microsoft Risking Xbox 720 (One) Success with Silence"

LMAO! You posted a recent PS4 article, that was speaking about wanting to know what games were coming out for it in the future.  And one about the One from April, talking about how MS need to get the negative rumors under control, but they were only staying silent.  Yea, that's apples and apples.  Keep reaching for those straws.

Ok here's the thing, if its true that the Xbox 1 is not really sold out everywhere then Microsoft could be actually costing retailers business because they on the internet telling people there is no chance to get an Xbox 1 until such a time.

If the one is really that tight, then why are they going for roughly only 20% more on ebay?
Ps4 on the other hand is going for 50% more.

Both are selling for 600+

anyway, it doesn't matter. I live in Boston so I'll check out a couple stores tomorrow, since best buys are everywhere here. If I can grab one ill get it for ebaying.

freedquaker said:
roborad said:
theleaguegame said:
its not as sold out as the ps4 but ps4 i dont think as much were made..

but lets me real Microsoft has been lying befour the console was out and they still are after about a few things its what they do.. its what all the companies do.

tell me, how on earth is ms lying when they say that xbox one units are "sold out at retailers around the world?"  

Do they say that xbox one units are sold out at all retailers?  No, they don't.  People who are getting upset over ms's statement just have poor comprehension skills. 

edit:  and that ps4 watchdogs thing- ubisoft was at fault on that one.  they confirmed that a while ago.  

This is getting really annoyingly defensive and dishonestly twisting... Why on earth would you think MS said "sold out at retailers around the world?" unless they want to give an impression that "It is very hard to find Xbox Ones out there, because all or possibly virtually all stores are out of their stock as they all sell almost everything they got"... THIS IS THE IMPRESSION THEY ARE TRYING TO CREATE.

Whether or not the technicality or loop holes or semantics exactly mean that is IRRELEVANT. The reason they are uttering those words, is because they want to look on parity with PS4, creating an image that XB1 is in as much demand as PS4, which it is not.

Call it whatever you want; pick any one below,

- flat out lying

- deceiving

- cheating

- misleading

- manipulation of the media

whatever!!! This is exactly what MS has been trying to do ever since the beginning of the Next-Gen Race. Luckily, Microsoft, having the worst possible bureacracy and execution on Earth, has an enoourmous capability to screw things up. Public relations and communication through media are no exceptions. Luckily for us, who have "clear enough vision", everything is day and night now.

Microsoft, I will be celebrating the day you are no more! Seriously, the world will be a much better place without you.

Well you don't have to worry about that. Sony will be long gone before MS even fails to make a profit for a quarter. Microsoft isn't going anywhere. In fact MS could buy Sony, shut it down and still function.

Around the Network
tuscaniman99 said:
freedquaker said:
roborad said:
theleaguegame said:
its not as sold out as the ps4 but ps4 i dont think as much were made..

but lets me real Microsoft has been lying befour the console was out and they still are after about a few things its what they do.. its what all the companies do.

tell me, how on earth is ms lying when they say that xbox one units are "sold out at retailers around the world?"  

Do they say that xbox one units are sold out at all retailers?  No, they don't.  People who are getting upset over ms's statement just have poor comprehension skills. 

edit:  and that ps4 watchdogs thing- ubisoft was at fault on that one.  they confirmed that a while ago.  

This is getting really annoyingly defensive and dishonestly twisting... Why on earth would you think MS said "sold out at retailers around the world?" unless they want to give an impression that "It is very hard to find Xbox Ones out there, because all or possibly virtually all stores are out of their stock as they all sell almost everything they got"... THIS IS THE IMPRESSION THEY ARE TRYING TO CREATE.

Whether or not the technicality or loop holes or semantics exactly mean that is IRRELEVANT. The reason they are uttering those words, is because they want to look on parity with PS4, creating an image that XB1 is in as much demand as PS4, which it is not.

Call it whatever you want; pick any one below,

- flat out lying

- deceiving

- cheating

- misleading

- manipulation of the media

whatever!!! This is exactly what MS has been trying to do ever since the beginning of the Next-Gen Race. Luckily, Microsoft, having the worst possible bureacracy and execution on Earth, has an enoourmous capability to screw things up. Public relations and communication through media are no exceptions. Luckily for us, who have "clear enough vision", everything is day and night now.

Microsoft, I will be celebrating the day you are no more! Seriously, the world will be a much better place without you.

Well you don't have to worry about that. Sony will be long gone before MS even fails to make a profit for a quarter. Microsoft isn't going anywhere. In fact MS could buy Sony, shut it down and still function.

This is a proper reality! And if this console does not make Sony money well they will be in very severe threat of having to not only shut down the Playstation brand but the business as a whole. 

theprof00 said:

If the one is really that tight, then why are they going for roughly only 20% more on ebay?

Because the actual price is already higher on Xbox One? Or is higher percentage now an indicator for demand?!

walsufnir said:
theprof00 said:

Because the actual price is already higher on Xbox One? Or is higher percentage now an indicator for demand?!

Are you saying that customers are only ready to spend 600$ in any case?

And price is literally determined by demand.

theprof00 said:
walsufnir said:
theprof00 said:

Are you saying that customers are only ready to spend 600$ in any case?

And price is literally determined by demand.

@bold: so the demand is the same? Thanks for making this clear.

Of course there is a limit for people spending money on toys. What do you expect? Say PS4 would be $600  - would you expect people still pay 50% more just to get it? Really?

To me, both systems are worth the same on ebay for potential customers, no matter how much they cost you if you buy them regulary.

I picture that annoying guy from Big Bang Theory reading this article in the smarmiest voice ever and just want to punch him in the face.