By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox one system name.

Tagged games:

Interesting idea. But I'm pretty sure the Xbox 360 was named such because it embraced the idea of a global community of gamers who are all connected. It some ways, it also referenced the multimedia abilities the console would have, though a lot of those features weren't available until a year or two after launch.

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

Around the Network
dreamcast210 said:
Interesting idea. But I'm pretty sure the Xbox 360 was named such because it embraced the idea of a global community of gamers who are all connected. It some ways, it also referenced the multimedia abilities the console would have, though a lot of those features weren't available until a year or two after launch.

you mean as in 360 being the world? but that is a circle and the world is a sphere? :D unless it was made before mageline set off heh. I'm not saying you're wrong about the name given you've named yourself after one of my favourite systems of all time, it's just an odd thing to refer to the world as a 360.

Would agree with you about when the xbox360 got its major apps that people use today, if you look at the blades UI from the 2006 xbox360 now it looks like it was a generation behind the windows 8 look of the current UI that the 360 has.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Haha, nice little thought there.

Xbox Two up next then?

Why are people trying to make the Xbox One be a numerical thing? Playstation is the ONLY console in history to be named that way. Others are named by their description or something clever. In this situation, ALL IN ONE.

Either way it beats Atari's numbering system, if they didn't cut that out with the Jaguar and were somehow still in the business we would be stuck with the Atari 18200.

Around the Network

Haha, I like.

Wonder if the next Xbox will be related to 2

Half Life 3 confirmed.

I've not been a fan of the name Xbox One since the beginning because I think it will lead to confusion but Microsoft also has great marketing so maybe they won't have the same issues as Nintendo. Either way I think Sony's way of just going with sequaled numbers is the best way to do it simply because people can relate to it easier without being told to do so.

So lost right now.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

STRYKIE said:
Half Life 3 confirmed.

not until 2 generations time on the XboxIII

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive