By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is X1 forcing Kinect on us any different than PS3 forcing Bluray on us?

???

Yea! 301 40.13%

Nay! 447 59.60%

Total:748
Mr Puggsly said:
Michael-5 said:
Goatseye said:

How do you explain multiplats on Xbox 360 and PS3 similar on every aspect?

PS3 - 720p native resolution
360 - Sub 720p resolution, which was then upscaled

Final Fantasy, plus other games had major cuts. FFXIII was a 3 disk 360 game, FFXIII-2 was developed to fit on 1 360 disk. Imagine what we lost because of that.

Plus there is no downfall to BR, except price. However Kinect........I still don't feel comfortable with a camera always watching me, and a voice always listening (my laptop down't have a camera).

For the record, there are games that were sub 720p on PS3 and 720p on the 360. GTAIV and Red Dead are few noteworthy titles. Obviously that has to do with development, not storage.

Imagine what we lost in Final Fantasy? You can't prove anything was lost. Its not like PS3 exclusives are known for having significantly more content than 360 games. Using multiple discs is always an and developers take advantage of it when they need to.

If you don't feel comfortable with Kinect... don't use it, or don't always have it connected, or sell it to someone that needs a replacment. I didn't really want the Kinect, but it wasn't a deal breaker especially since it doesn't have to be connected.

Well GT6 have more content than FM5 so, go figure.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
DonFerrari said:
Recon1O1 said:
I still think force is the wrong word. You do have options M$ just put different tech in their box. I'm looking forward to having both bluray and Kinnect.

You could have Bluray 7 years ago on PS3

We want it with better quality playback software. That's all.

LOL  Are you seriously bragging about the X1's Blu-ray playback?  Neither PS4 or X1 have a better playback/feature set then a dedicated player so I don't know what you have to brag about on that one. You have expensive and refined taste? Is that why you pay 100$ extra for a weaker game system with better Blu-ray playback? Your gloating over tech from 2006 or maybe you just got confused and were looking for an HD DVD/Blu-ray thread on amazon.com instead.

Awe well, carry on with your "refined taste"

Blood_Tears said:
Goatseye said:
DonFerrari said:
Recon1O1 said:
I still think force is the wrong word. You do have options M$ just put different tech in their box. I'm looking forward to having both bluray and Kinnect.

You could have Bluray 7 years ago on PS3

We want it with better quality playback software. That's all.

LOL  Are you seriously bragging about the X1's Blu-ray playback?  Neither PS4 or X1 have a better playback/feature set then a dedicated player so I don't know what you have to brag about on that one. You have expensive and refined taste? Is that why you pay 100$ extra for a weaker game system with better Blu-ray playback? Your gloating over tech from 2006 or maybe you just got confused and were looking for an HD DVD/Blu-ray thread on amazon.com instead.

Awe well, carry on with your "refined taste"

He haven't bought a PS3 because of his refined taste...you know DVD is a lot better than BD for movies when you use Windows Media Player...

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:

A lot of recycled content. Eitherway, Forza 5's dearth of content isn't due to storage limitations.

Your response isn't relevant.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
DonFerrari said:

A lot of recycled content. Eitherway, Forza 5's dearth of content isn't due to storage limitations.

Its due to developers... and having BD and Cell on PS3 made dev harder and showed the backboned of Sony 1st party.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Mr Puggsly said:
DonFerrari said:

Its due to developers... and having BD and Cell on PS3 made dev harder and showed the backboned of Sony 1st party.

???

The reason GT has more content is because they're recycling a lot of content and they have more time to work on their games.

Forza 5 was rushed and using less recycled content. If Forza 5 just used more recycled content there would be less complaining.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
DonFerrari said:
Mr Puggsly said:
DonFerrari said:

???

The reason GT has more content is because they're recycling a lot of content and they have more time to work on their games.

Forza 5 was rushed and using less recycled content. If Forza 5 just used more recycled content there would be less complaining.

Even on new content and/or premium content GT6 have more than FM5... not to forget Turn 10 have 5x the number of employee than PD as last I heard (500 against 100)

DonFerrari said:
Mr Puggsly said:

???

Even on new content and/or premium content GT6 have more than FM5... not to forget Turn 10 have 5x the number of employee than PD as last I heard (500 against 100)

7th gen premium vs 8th gen premium!

It takes double the man power to make those superior graphics.

Recently Completed

ehh if u dont want blue ray go back to the ps2 or xbox enjoy those dvd games.

Mr Puggsly said:
DonFerrari said:
Mr Puggsly said:

???

7th gen premium vs 8th gen premium!

It takes double the man power to make those superior graphics.

Okay... 400 premium cars on GT6 (is more as far as I remember)... so FM5 should have 200 vehicles (for the same size of studio)... Tracks 40 so they should have 20... no content don't compare, stop being sore loser.