By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Geoff Keighley says Reggie set to deliver "World Premiere" UPDATE Reggie has a folder?!/twitter pics up

ToxicJosh said:
I think this is Nintendo starting to fight...

Gamers pay attention to the VGAs, especially with regards to the game announcements. Nintendo showing stuff off is them demonstrating their relevance. If Nintendo were to do a Nintendo Direct, only Ninty fans would pay attention. At the VGAs a lot of 'hardcorexxx' gamers will be watching. Announcing a new Zelda or Metroid or (fingers crossed) F Zero there will give them the chance of building hype outside of their usual fan base.

Nintendo Directs are great in that the speak directly to the fans. But they aren't exactly great in expanding that fan base or showing off your products to people who wouldn't normally pay attention to Nintendo.

The press also pays attention to the VGAs, if Zelda (or whatever gets shown) gets a big reaction, then that's Nintendo shown in a positive light. Even a cheer when Zelda gets announced will say to the 1000s of gamers watching online that it's a game to be excited about.

The mistake you're making here is that you're assuming Nintendo will do the smart, logical thing, when over the last three years they've almost always made the worst decisions possible.

The smart thing to do would be to show a "hardcore" heavy hitter like a dark Zelda or a Metroid to fit the show's audience and revive Wii U's image, but when was the last time Nintendo did the smart thing? Sometime in 2010, as I recall...

Sorry for being a Debbie Downer, but I'm telling you guys, it'll be Cranky and a few new levels/new trailer for DKC, and if we're lucky maybe another look at Mario Kart and Smash Bros.

Do not get your hopes up, or you will be disappointed.

Around the Network

I'm not getting my hopes up because Nintendo is known to tear them apart, stomp them into the dirt, attempt to eat them, and then poop them out. Only then to spit on them.

So yeah, not getting hopeful about this.

noname2200 said:

RolStoppable said:
Calling it now: World premiere of Zelda U, graphics looking better than in the tech demo. Forums will go mental as hardcore gamers orgasm and declare Nintendo to be relevant again. Then Wii U sales hit new lows in 2014.

Silly Rol, you can't go below the floor!

Silly NoName, Nintendo are a pro at just that! Please understand.

Wii Play U.

VGPolyglot said:

Wii Play U.

Wii Music U

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Wii Music U

Done right, Wii Music U could be an incredible game (Wii Music was a good idea, but failed in implementation).

Looking forward to what the reveal is, this could be big!

Yep.

I hope this will be just as amazing as the MGSV announcement at the PS4 launch.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Hmm... not sure why we had two of the same threads running for so long.

Anyways, this thread is a duplicate. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173631&page=1

Locking.