By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A biased review: Super Mario 3D World

Is a materpiece.

34 years playing games.

Around the Network

I went into Flower-8 and *hated* it in my first attempt. I'd get to the upward stairs (if that far) and crash every time. Then I went back in after doing Flower-10 and something just *clicked*, you could see the pattern, the rhythm. It was just... perfect.

It's game design on a whole new level...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

man, I want this game so bad! Glad to see such a high score!

Anyways, why do you think the smb series have suffered from a lack of creativity?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I'm at Castle-7 and I'm loving it so much so far. It's impressive to see that many ideas packed into one game.

Signature goes here!

Currently just made it to world Crown. You're on point with the whole "a bit of a tough pill to swallow for completionists", as that's certainly going to take quite the effort to accomplish (but hey, that's what other family members are for ).

I also found that the 8-point directional control allows for much more precise platforming (which is why we're seeing much more focused platforming elements compared to the Galaxy series) and is actually welcome. Honestly playing this way with the Analog stick felt great.

Also, the co-op is a blast. Sure, the game can become chaotic (not as insane as the NSMB series, thanks of course for more room through the 3D spaces), but it's really a lot of fun. "Let's go play Mario!" was a common line during the Thanksgiving weekend.

But I have to say, EAD Tokyo is on form with Super Mario 3D World. Really superb game.

Around the Network

I also wish they bring they bring some "new" stuff they save for 3D mario's to "New" Super Mario bros games. As for this game, it is a joy to play and experience.

Roseline is also playable in 3d world. Nintendo showed her recently in a video on their FB page

I didn't know about the fifth star requirement until this review. Just looked it up - stupid shit. Fuck that. I'm never 100%'ing this game. In fact, according to the requirements, I will only ever complete 20% of the game content.

Therefore the game deserves a 2/10.

I was worried because I know Rol likes 2D Mario but, again, I walked away in pretty much total agreement. The streak remains intact.

Did you play much of the multiplayer, or is this a single-player exclusive review?