By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can Wii U even hit 10 million next year??

Can Wii U hit 10 million next year??

Hell naw! 108 25.29%

Probably not 110 25.76%

Maybe if they cut the pri... 87 20.37%

The N word makes me happy 118 27.63%

Total:423

People have been saying the same thing for months and months. "Oh the Wii U sales will skyrocket with Pikmin 3" "Just wait for Windwaker HD" "Super Mario 3D World will dominate sales!" I'm just gonna wait and see because absolutely NOTHING this year drastically helped the Wii U.

Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:
BHR-3 said:

next year wait wasnt it supposed to hit that by this years end lol

Some people predicted it would hit 20 million this year! Hope they didn't have Nintendo stock!

what really?! wow as for the question nah i dont think it will hit 10M befoer 2015 starts

Play Me

BHR-3 said:
toastboy44562 said:
BHR-3 said:

next year wait wasnt it supposed to hit that by this years end lol

Some people predicted it would hit 20 million this year! Hope they didn't have Nintendo stock!

what really?! wow as for the question nah i dont think it will hit 10M befoer 2015 starts

Yes people, when the Wii U first came out, Were predicting the system would sell 100+ million. I knew soon as the system was announced that is wasn't going to do well.

Maybe next year because of X, Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong, Smash Bros, and Bayonetta 2.

Pikmin 3, Zelda: Wind Waker HD, and Super Mario 3D World are the only reasons why I heard people pick up a Wii U this year.

Gamecube did do it(barely) with a huge price cut and wii u is tracking way below that. So anyone saying definite yes are just optimistic

Around the Network

Can it? Yeah of course it can.
Will it? No one knows.

Added a poll

toastboy44562 said:

Edit here's proof that Wii U isn't doing too hot http://www.businessinsider.com/xbox-one-beat-ps4-and-wii-u-in-black-friday-sales-2013-12

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5856919

We basically already had a thread about this but okay lol. As I said already, 2014 is not gonna go down the same way as 2013, so using this year's numbers to gauge it's sales next year isn't the best idea. In 2014, the Wii U will not have a huge drought, it will have more and bigger games, it will be cheaper for the entirety of the year, it will have more and better bundles, and it will be advertised throughout the year. 5 million is the absolute lowest it can sell next year, this I'm easily willing to bet.

toastboy44562 said:
Added a poll

Pointless poll as it doesn't have Yes as an option.