By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can Wii U even hit 10 million next year??

Can Wii U hit 10 million next year??

Hell naw! 108 25.29%

Probably not 110 25.76%

Maybe if they cut the pri... 87 20.37%

The N word makes me happy 118 27.63%

Total:423
Einsam_Delphin said:
Bohound said:

yeah it will recover, but definetly not even close to the new consoles

Why not? Are you expecting the PS4/XB1 to sell like the Wii?

I think some people are hoping for a PS2-like return to glory for the PS4, but I don't know if there are enough consumers to give PS4 those numbers while two other consoles sell well also.  I guess we'll see, each gen the consumer base grows.

Around the Network
NYANKS said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Bohound said:

I think some people are hoping for a PS2-like return to glory for the PS4, but I don't know if there are enough consumers to give PS4 those numbers while two other consoles sell well also.  I guess we'll see, each gen the consumer base grows.

I thought even the PS2 only had an average first year, and that the Wii was the only exception? Also, I don't think we'll see an increase this generation unfortunately. PS4/XB1 would both have to sell way more than the PS2 ever did to offset the 3DS/Vita/Wii U selling less than their predecessors.

The lack of a yes option in the poll really shows your true agenda...

Einsam_Delphin said:
NYANKS said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Bohound said:

I thought even the PS2 only had an average first year, and that the Wii was the only exception? Also, I don't think we'll see an increase this generation unfortunately. PS4/XB1 would both have to sell way more than the PS2 ever did to offset the 3DS/Vita/Wii U selling less than their predecessors.

Does the 3DS have no chance of matching DS numbers?  I thought it was doing quite well, but the DS was pretty amazing. 

The Wiis success imo was highly attributable to its start.  Wii Sports caught the imagination of people immediately and Wii skyrocketed.  It was pretty much the most important game on the system as far as getting the attention of the masses.  But then it just bottomed out.  The PS2 just kept growing like a monster.  Wii U has had a really poor start, and the controller won't catch the masses like last time.  And no Wii Sports, so I'm curious to see how well Nintendo games keep it afloat.  Not to mention some of the biggest Mario games have launched.  Mario KArt seems like the best bet to move lots of systems.

dat poll

Around the Network

Not a chance

Mr Khan said:
You're coming dangerously close to flamebait with the volume of threads you're running, toastboy. Be wary.

I says it once and Ill say it again, I'm toastboy cut me some slack.

Massively depends on how much they cut the price.

toastboy44562 said:
Mr Khan said:
You're coming dangerously close to flamebait with the volume of threads you're running, toastboy. Be wary.

I says it once and Ill say it again, I'm toastboy cut me some slack.

No your a panda!

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Seece said:
Massively depends on how much they cut the price.

This. Gamecube only sold 5.02M in its second year after slashing the price by 33% at the begining of the year. Right now, wii u is traxk significantly behind.