By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do You Think First Person Shooter & Zombies Games Becoming Oversaturated Or Overdone Nowaday ?

Tagged games:

Which Genre You Think Is Being Overdone ?

MOBA 11 21.57%

MMORPG 2 3.92%

First Person Shooter 26 50.98%

Zombie Games 6 11.76%

Third Person Shooter 1 1.96%

Text Based Adeventure 2 3.92%

RPG 1 1.96%

Total:49

The zombie thing works because no one cares about the excessive violence used to kill the zombies over and over. It worked the same with Nazis during WW2 shooter era.

Around the Network
STRYKIE said:

FPS' were only outdone by 3D platformers on the N64.. and even that's debatable. I'd argue that the N64 (inadvertently, mind you)  ended up just as westernized, if you will, as the OG Xbox.

I thought you were bsing so I decided to Google it.  I didn't realize the N64 had so many FPS. 

kupomogli said:
STRYKIE said:

FPS' were only outdone by 3D platformers on the N64.. and even that's debatable. I'd argue that the N64 (inadvertently, mind you)  ended up just as westernized, if you will, as the OG Xbox.

I thought you were bsing so I decided to Google it.  I didn't realize the N64 had so many FPS. 

Believe me, I honestly wish I were making it up.

No. The genre doesn't matter to me. As long as the game is fun and entertaining.

If the fps market is over flowing then why am I and many others are real excited for Titan fall, halo 5, and destiny?

I am currently playing dead rising 3 and I'm loving it. The last zombie game I had played was dead island and that released roughly 2 years ago (I won't count last of us). I see no problem with zombie games

I would like to see more rts games and western RPG games developed but I'm not going to blame people who only play fps's. Bitching about what others enjoy is lame.

I had to vote MMO RPG because it's killing a lot of the good ol stuff. Final Fantasy used to be good, up until FFXI.....then it never really recovered. I'm worried the same thing will happen to Dragon Quest. MMORPG's aren't being over done, but they are what's killing the Japanese industry IMO.

Realistically FPS's are getting overdone, but I think the market has finally become saturated. CoD and Battlefield sell roughly the same number of units every year (down a bit this year due to the half changing of generations)) and I don't mind them selling boatloads. Halo 4 sold fairly poorly for a Halo game, got a lot of bat hype from the gamers, and now unless Halo 5 fixes that, I could see a lot of fans leaving Halo. Competition makes quality, and honestly the quality of FPS's has improved.

All this means is that we have more gamers now, and more of them like Shooters, this isn't a bad thing, more MMORPG's however are.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

He says the truth about MOBAs, yes, it is a bigger market, but just look at how many of these will there be soon - HOTS, DotA, Dota 2, LoL, HoN and probably more to come (once EA hears about the genre (hue))