By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One 1080p Captures With and Without Filter

top looks clearly sharper, colors are more accurate (at least on my color calibrated screens) and you have more details I don't know where you have seen more details at the bottom... the darks are so lavish at the bottom and colors saturated or downgraded a lot that you do see some stuff clearer but certainly not more detailed....

and yeah TV settings are probably more relevant to your contrast and color accuracy than the upscaler touch up... and I'm talking about professional color calibration either by a technician or with actual real calibration equipment which I wager about 99.9999999999999% of the people don't or do incorrectly

Around the Network
endimion said:
top looks clearly sharper, colors are more accurate (at least on my color calibrated screens) and you have more details I don't know where you have seen more details at the bottom... the darks are so lavish at the bottom and colors saturated or downgraded a lot that you do see some stuff clearer but certainly not more detailed....

and yeah TV settings are probably more relevant to your contrast and color accuracy than the upscaler touch up... and I'm talking about professional color calibration either by a technician or with actual real calibration equipment which I wager about 99.9999999999999% of the people don't or do incorrectly

For gods sake look at the 3rd,4th ,6th and the 7th picture and tell me which one is better from an original point of view, half of the details on the Top vanished into crushed blackness, the bottom picture is normally lit so that you can use your TV settings to adjust - that is the whole point of having tv settings. As for the AA I have no idea how that filter could do so much help, that is probably the only thing it has for it

Top looks better, although it might go ever too far with crushing blacks.

Bottom looks faded and washed out

So it's either washed out or crushed blacks... hmm.

Around the Network

Does XBox One do Full RGB through HDMI?

I only ask because what is up with all the crushed blacks? It is completely destroying a lot of the background detail. This is not a good thing.

Yeah, it doesn't look washed out like the below pictures, but it should be displaying all different shades of black/grey. This is just crushing everything.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:

I only ask because what is up with all the crushed blacks? It is completely destroying a lot of the background detail. This is not a good thing.

Yeah, it doesn't look washed out like the below pictures, but it should be displaying all different shades of black/grey. This is just crushing everything.

It's the same thing that they did with the 360.  Not only does it hide lack of detail, it makes comparisons look more vibrant on the One, which is why you see some people say they think it looks better on the One.  Of course, if you simply adjust your TV or settings on your PS4, you can achieve the same vibrancy, but without the crushed blacks.

thismeintiel said:
Euphoria14 said:

It's the same thing that they did with the 360.  Not only does it hide lack of detail, it makes comparisons look more vibrant on the One, which is why you see some people say they think it looks better on the One.  Of course, if you simply adjust your TV or settings on your PS4, you can achieve the same vibrancy, but without the crushed blacks.

Someone should run Killer Instinct in 720 like shown above and adjust their TV settings. I wouldn't doubt you could make it better than the filtered pics.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

The closeup pics of Jago (3rd set) the blacks are so crushed that all the ceiling and wall details are lost, the background between the doorway is turned to crushed black, his hair almost blends into all the blackness as well.

Also if you look, the pictures so excessively darkened that the circular emblem right underneath the ceiling beam is turned into a black circle rather than a detailed item.

This isn't what I would call "looking better". The filter needs some real adjusting.

Currently playing:

Looks like most of you are missing the point.

It's no use saying which one looks better on your screen, it's a matter of correctly calibrating the screen. The big issue is that the XBox One alters the image by applying gamma adjustment, contrast enhancement and sharpness filter, things you can set to your own liking on any display, but you can't undo them. The details in the darker area are lost, as well as detail in the brightest areas of the picture, plus the ringing effect of the sharpness filter will highlight any aliasing artifacts in moving pictures. Fake detail doesn't make it look better.