By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 360/xbone dominates black friday sales according research firm InfoScout.

IsawYoshi said:

But... the OP says the ONE sold more than the 360. This one doesn't.

I saw that now...

Did you belive Xbone outsold 360 in BlackFriday?

Around the Network

gmcmen said:

what i don't understand is, how can 360 be tied with xbone percentage wise, when its number 7 on that graph. think you have something mixed up.

Ohhhhh I saw now... the survey lost the credibility lol... or Xbone outsold 360 at BF

ethomaz said:

Soleron said:

Wow that's terrible.

How can they seriously produce those graphs as fact? It's just statistical noise.

The original survey.

"The data is based on InfoScout’s consumer research. The company interviewed the first 3,000 shoppers at Target on Thanksgiving and Black Friday."

The same 3000 guys.... so Xbone is only 0.4% from 3000.

can you like me where you got this from?  im trying to find more data from this survey but all i can find are the cheap graphs

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Euphoria14 said:

I'm going to guess they bought a lot of gifts for family and friends and got a bunch of gift receipts in case anyone wants to make returns.

Considering the average consumer spent $423 on Black Friday last year, I really doubt they spread that across more than 27 items that were all meant as gifts.  With so many purchasing expensive tablets, TV's, smartphones, and consoles, that would push the item number even higher for those who didn't.

ethomaz said:

Soleron said:

Wow that's terrible.

How can they seriously produce those graphs as fact? It's just statistical noise.

The original survey.

"The data is based on InfoScout’s consumer research. The company interviewed the first 3,000 shoppers at Target on Thanksgiving and Black Friday."

The same 3000 guys.... so Xbone is only 0.4% from 3000.

Where's Walmart? Because OP's percentages had Walmart included

Around the Network

I actually think 360 was higher. At the stores I went to there were a massive amount of 360 consoles and they were selling out.

However, X1 supply was much smaller.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

gmcmen said:
DélioPT said:
I`m guessing numbers provided by Nintendo, Sony and MS will make for a very different picture.

why, this is how the picture been looking for the whole year, we should get some numbers by monday.

I`m just not seeing XB1 with all that supply and demand to outsell XB360 and even (almost) double PS3. Wii U`s numbers are a bit of a wild card to say anything concrete, but 30% more for XB1 seems a bit too much.

December is always a bigger month than November and i can`t see MS and Sony having that much supply to dump so much quantities in BF and then some more during Christmas.

of course this survey's numbers suggest this. ps4 sold out ages before the xbone did and the "researchers" missed those receipts. :P

Ok seriously this graph is fucking confusing. Yesterday we got this from the same research firm:

This is based on 3000 people from Target, so did they take this, add walmart and then get this?

Did they take half the people from the Target survey and added 1500 from Walmart to it to get the 3000?

Also how the fuck do you get 83000 receipts from 3000 people? And why does the second graph not add up to 100%, did they not round right? Where the last 2 percent Ouyas? God there is so much that bothers me about this.

DD_Bwest said:

can you like me where you got this from?  im trying to find more data from this survey but all i can find are the cheap graphs

Same site...

http://venturebeat.com/2013/11/29/apples-ipad-comes-out-a-big-winner-on-black-friday/