By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 360/xbone dominates black friday sales according research firm InfoScout.

Raven722 said:
Darth Tigris said:
Raven722 said:
Likewise, there are people who try to give the X1 every chance at every turn. At some point you have to just accept certain things.

What's so bad about that?  People supporting the PS4, Wii U and/or XB1 would seem like a good thing for gaming to me.  Relentlessly putting down any of them is destructive.  I will never understand actively and pervasively seeking out opportunities to belittle these consoles when we are supposed to want to the industry to flourish ...

Then I wouldn't only point out when it happens to the X1 because it happens all over these forums to all parties. If you want it to stop that's perfectly fine and I would love to see that as well but someone playing the victim card on behalf of their personal favorite console is being hypocritical. Finding positives is a good thing but when something is being blown out of proportion and made to seem like a bigger deal than it is, don't you think that's damaging as well in the long run? If someone is that desperate for good news then perhaps a more realistic viewpoint is needed instead of an overly optimistic one. That being said, I am impressed at how well the X1 is doing all things considered leading up to this.

I don't read or comment on every thread.  Though I'm most interested in an XB1 right now, I haven't decided on anything yet.  But, for the record, where I have been I don't see mobs relentlessly putting down the PS4.  I see it with the XB1 and the WiiU.  I do remember some pouncing on the low review scores of the PS4 launch games, but I did call people out on that as those scores are representative of your average launch games (which was evident with the XB1 as well).  But I haven't seen what you're referring to.  Maybe because I don't read a lot of PS4 threads like trolls would.

I do agree that things can be blown out of proportion to such an extent that it comes off as passive aggression toward the other consoles and their fanbases.  For instance, if someone were to say something like "well that makes it obvious now that the XB1 is the real console people wanted this BF", then I agree that is inflammatory and not constructive.  I haven't seen that here though.  At least not enough to matter.  Just a lot of attacking of something that shows the XB1 selling well.

In general, people just need to start communicating better.  Stop making statements that are so contentious and stop trying to ruin other people's fun.  It's petty and regressive as a society.

Around the Network
Darth Tigris said:
Raven722 said:
Darth Tigris said:
Raven722 said:
Likewise, there are people who try to give the X1 every chance at every turn. At some point you have to just accept certain things.

What's so bad about that?  People supporting the PS4, Wii U and/or XB1 would seem like a good thing for gaming to me.  Relentlessly putting down any of them is destructive.  I will never understand actively and pervasively seeking out opportunities to belittle these consoles when we are supposed to want to the industry to flourish ...

Then I wouldn't only point out when it happens to the X1 because it happens all over these forums to all parties. If you want it to stop that's perfectly fine and I would love to see that as well but someone playing the victim card on behalf of their personal favorite console is being hypocritical. Finding positives is a good thing but when something is being blown out of proportion and made to seem like a bigger deal than it is, don't you think that's damaging as well in the long run? If someone is that desperate for good news then perhaps a more realistic viewpoint is needed instead of an overly optimistic one. That being said, I am impressed at how well the X1 is doing all things considered leading up to this.

I don't read or comment on every thread.  Though I'm most interested in an XB1 right now, I haven't decided on anything yet.  But, for the record, where I have been I don't see mobs relentlessly putting down the PS4.  I see it with the XB1 and the WiiU.  I do remember some pouncing on the low review scores of the PS4 launch games, but I did call people out on that as those scores are representative of your average launch games (which was evident with the XB1 as well).  But I haven't seen what you're referring to.  Maybe because I don't read a lot of PS4 threads like trolls would.

I do agree that things can be blown out of proportion to such an extent that it comes off as passive aggression toward the other consoles and their fanbases.  For instance, if someone were to say something like "well that makes it obvious now that the XB1 is the real console people wanted this BF", then I agree that is inflammatory and not constructive.  I haven't seen that here though.  At least not enough to matter.  Just a lot of attacking of something that shows the XB1 selling well.

In general, people just need to start communicating better.  Stop making statements that are so contentious and stop trying to ruin other people's fun.  It's petty and regressive as a society.

There has been plenty of aggressive behavior from the Xbox crowd. Thread after thread talking about the early hardware issues of the PS4. Only pointing out bad reviews or highlighting the negative in good ones. A few individuals (and they know who they are) doing exactly what you say you don't see. Making comments about X1 being "the gamer's console of choice". You can PM Pezus or Bananaking and I'm sure they'll tell you. How about certain threads being updated with inflammatory titles? Like when a certain game was found to not be coming to PS4? Guys with signatures making fun of the competition so they can jab at it where ever they go. Hell, there was a time where  a negative article about Sony couldn't exist without someone posting it in the forums within moments of its release and it was almost always someone from "the other team". It wasn't that long ago either. If you don't see any of that then I would suggest being around in more threads, opening your eyes, or cutting the crap.

There has also been quite a bit of ignorant wishful thinking on the part of Xbox fans and all of it done in the hopes that it would prove their console superior. The power of the cloud, secret sauce, more RAM, dual GPUs, overlooking obvious downgrades, and even some people going as far as to basically claim that gaming journalists are collectively lying about certain issues. Such as certain features not working properly in entire countries. Selectively quoting or linking articles as some kind of proof that the X1 is better is also a common thing among a few Xbox fans as well. If you really don't see it I will tell you now that it happens a lot more often than you seem to believe. No one is innocent. I do agree. If people would stop waving their damn flags so much and focus more on being gamers this wouldn't be an issue. Unfortunately, we have a few obnoxious and quite frankly toxic attitudes around here who just can't help but blast their own little trumpet as much as they can.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5856250

Darth, how about this for the behavior of some Xbox fans? Not too long ago in a thread about Sony potentially bringing original shows to the PSN. Was that comment necessary? No. Was it inflammatory? Most definitely.

So happy for Microsoft! Finally starting to put the horrid PR of the last 6 months behind them and re-establish themselves as a force in North America.

Darth Tigris said:
Wow, some of you guys aren't willing to give the XB1 ANY chance ...

Just calling it how we see it. I mean you can't honestly believe that the One outsold the 360?  I'm kinda doubting it would outsell the PS3. Unless you think that there was that much stock left from the first week or MS was exaggerating supply constraints. 

Around the Network
Raven722 said:
Darth Tigris said:

There has been plenty of aggressive behavior from the Xbox crowd. Thread after thread talking about the early hardware issues of the PS4. Only pointing out bad reviews or highlighting the negative in good ones. A few individuals (and they know who they are) doing exactly what you say you don't see. Making comments about X1 being "the gamer's console of choice". You can PM Pezus or Bananaking and I'm sure they'll tell you. How about certain threads being updated with inflammatory titles? Like when a certain game was found to not be coming to PS4? Guys with signatures making fun of the competition so they can jab at it where ever they go. Hell, there was a time where  a negative article about Sony couldn't exist without someone posting it in the forums within moments of its release and it was almost always someone from "the other team". It wasn't that long ago either. If you don't see any of that then I would suggest being around in more threads, opening your eyes, or cutting the crap.

There has also been quite a bit of ignorant wishful thinking on the part of Xbox fans and all of it done in the hopes that it would prove their console superior. The power of the cloud, secret sauce, more RAM, dual GPUs, overlooking obvious downgrades, and even some people going as far as to basically claim that gaming journalists are collectively lying about certain issues. Such as certain features not working properly in entire countries. Selectively quoting or linking articles as some kind of proof that the X1 is better is also a common thing among a few Xbox fans as well. If you really don't see it I will tell you now that it happens a lot more often than you seem to believe. No one is innocent. I do agree. If people would stop waving their damn flags so much and focus more on being gamers this wouldn't be an issue. Unfortunately, we have a few obnoxious and quite frankly toxic attitudes around here who just can't help but blast their own little trumpet as much as they can.

For the record, I never said it doesn't happen.  I said that I don't read threads where it likely WOULD happen.  I read threads that cater to my interest mostly, not to troll, as you call it, "the other side".

Those toxic individuals that you're referring to ARE the problem.  There is a attack/retaliate precedent that was set earlier this year with the new consoles and it's caused a lot sensitivity and overreactions .  Stealth trolling has become an art and this has put so many here on the defensive that people are seeing stealth trolling everywhere.  I have even found myself defending a console that I'm not even planning on buying any time soon if at all.  That's ridiculous when I think about it.  This cycle needs to stop or anyone with sense will just leave and all you'll have is endless system war threads.

What I have observed though is that the XB1 and WiiU have been pummelled relentlessly in these forums due to the larger-than-average PS fanbase and the relentlessness of toxic individuals from all sides finding sport in creating contentions here.  It increases the activity here tremendously so the mods are caught in a catch-22 on how to deal with it.  In the meantime voices of reason are drowned out and minimized.

Lately I've been repeatedly calling for community reform and attempting to lead by example, but the only time people listen to me is when they think I'm showing favor to the Xbox crowd.  *sigh*