By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why the hate for androgynous characters?

Vikki said:

But I'm wanting to know why people don't like the androgynous characters in particular. There's plenty of other character tropes people could hate on in modern JRPGs but this one seems to get particular hate.

You have had plenty of answers. What, you don't like them?

Around the Network
XboneWins said:
Vikki said:

But I'm wanting to know why people don't like the androgynous characters in particular. There's plenty of other character tropes people could hate on in modern JRPGs but this one seems to get particular hate.

I don't think, "because men should be masculine" is a good excuse.

]

Vikki said:
XboneWins said:
Vikki said:

Quick recap:

You ask why people don't like girly boys.

You get your answer, you don't think it is a good reason.

You want us to give you another answer or do you want us to change our minds, because you think it is not a good reason?

"I don't think, "because men should be masculine" is a good excuse"

No one needs an excuse for anything here friend.

''Hadouken!''

XboneWins said:
Vikki said:
XboneWins said:
Vikki said:

Quick recap:

You want us to give you another answer or do you want us to change our minds, because you think it is not a good reason?

I think people should get over the fact that times have changed. Men are no longer exclusively masculine and women are no longer exclusively feminine. 

]

Around the Network
Vikki said:
XboneWins said:

Quick recap:

I think people should get over the fact that times have changed. Men are no longer exclusively masculine and women are no longer exclusively feminine. 

So basically you want everyone think like you happen to think? That is quite condescending.

XboneWins said:
Vikki said:
XboneWins said:

Quick recap:

So basically you want everyone think like you happen to think? That is quite condescending.

No, people should stop judging people on completely irrelivent things. People have the right to think whatever they please, but I also have the right to challenge what they think. 

]

Everyone loves Raiden, don't you?

Vikki said:
XboneWins said:

No, people should stop judging people on completely irrelivent things. People have the right to think whatever they please, but I also have the right to challenge what they think. 

You are once again putting yourself on pedestal.

First of all, those aren't people. They are video game characters. Have you realized that? I don't see much challenging, I see only you assuming that your views are better than others. It seems a bit asinine to complain about judging people on completely irrelevant things, while you are doing the same thing yourself.

ChristianTheAtheist said:
Everyone loves Raiden, don't you?

I did like Raiden. I liked his backstory, a child soldier is a rather unique subject for a game. He was kinda annoying but I could get over that. The fact that he looked feminine didn't bother me in the slightest.

]