By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - Who here loves the Lord of the Rings trillogy? come on fans enter!! but for the haters...

Tagged games:

So do you like the Lotr trillogy?

HELL YESSS!!! 59 58.42%

Yes 7 6.93%

No 9 8.91%

Best trillogy EVAH!!! 22 21.78%

Total:97

Absolutely love the films, they are an almost perfect adaptation. Still I would liked to have seen Tom Bombadil in the film and the scouring of the shire where Saruman really dies, still his death was very good. And these omissions never really upset anything,

One change from the books that really worked for me was when the Elves turn up at Helm's Deep and fight to defend it, it's a powerful moment when they first appear. Haldir dying was really sad and moving, he looked so pure amongst all the carnage.

The extended versions are the only way to see these films imo. The wonder of cinema at it's best. And the best extras I have ever seen.
All in all they are a master piece.

Around the Network

You have my sword

Recently got the extended blu-ray collection (but have yet to watch it!)

I own two special edition trilogy sets. The extended DVD version that looks like books and the extended Blu Ray version with figurines. Yes, I'm a fan.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

pezus said:

You have my sword

One of the best box sets I own and the extended versions are best way to see the films. The extras are fantasic viewing as well, how they made those films is genius. Enjoy :) 

Love the books. Jackson's movies, not so much. 1978 animated film...pretty much.

Around the Network

I'm a huge fan, never really got into Harry Potter or Hunger games or whatever. I love everything about LoTR, setting, the vibe, characters, story, scenery, magic, everything about it, going to see hobbit 2 day one :)

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

curl-6 said:
Just watched The Fellowship of the Ring again for the first time in years, and I was blown away all over again by the sheer genius of its filmmaking.
Everything from the direction, to the music, to the cinematography is a stunning achievement in both art and entertainment.

Great statement man! now onwards to Two Towers and Return of the King. ;)

sub-zero-TM said:
curl-6 said:
Just watched The Fellowship of the Ring again for the first time in years, and I was blown away all over again by the sheer genius of its filmmaking.
Everything from the direction, to the music, to the cinematography is a stunning achievement in both art and entertainment.

Great statement man! now onwards to Two Towers and Return of the King. ;)

Will do! As I recall, Return of the King was the best in my view. That and Fellowship are two of the best films I've ever seen. (Towers is good too though)

My family used to watch them religiously, starting on September 22nd, Bilbo and Frodo's birthday, where we'd have a "hobbit" dinner with cakes and stuff. We all adored the books and the movies so much. And it was a great excuse for junk food. ;)

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Nadwki said:

The extended versions are the only way to see these films imo. The wonder of cinema at it's best. And the best extras I have ever seen.
All in all they are a master piece.

I actually prefer the cinema releases, I feel they are better paced, and that a lot of the added stuff is kind of silly and superfluous.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

pezus said:

You have my sword

And you have my respect! and my bow and axe! xD

glad you have the extended blu ray collection it's really amazing.