By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - when will you buy your next gen console?

I'm kinda burned out on First Person Shooters. When either the PS4 or Xbox One releases a critically acclaimed RPG or when there's a slew of must play 3rd party games like Metal Gear, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, or some new IP, I'll jump in. To be totally honest, none of the first party IP's from Sony or Microsoft do it for me anymore. I don't get excited by their announcements at all. Maybe Uncharted. I'd have to see some impressive footage, though.

So, for the foreseeable future, it's gonna be 360/PS3/3DS/Vita/Wii U for me.

Around the Network

ps4 tomorrow.
dunno about the wiiU and XB1. Maybe, maybe not

Buying myself a Wii U as a Christmas present.

Not sure I will be getting any of the other systems.

I plan on purchasing a current gen system in 2015 or so when it actually makes sense. For 2014 I have my WiiU and my PC (that will get upgraded depending on whether GTA5 will run smoothly or not and of course for Star Citizen)

PS4 in March when inFAMOUS drops. Wii U in March or May (depending on if I feel to buy both together or if I should wait for Smash if it does launch in May). Knowing me, I'll get both together even though the reason I want a Wii U (Smash) will be a little ways of.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network

Already got the 3DS, almost exactly two years ago. So next one is probably going to be the Wii-U next year. Truth be told, I kind of want to pick up a PSP first though, so we'll see what happens.

Hmm

i'm planning on getting a PS4 in holiday 2014 and maybe an Xbone when it has 3 or more exclusive games that i truly want

I have a Wii U, and unless I get one of the others for christmas this year, I'll probably won't get it before eventually next years christmas. The Xbox are slightly interesting, but not really for gaming. PS4 isn't interesting at all at the moment.

I'm holding out for an initial price drop + next gen fighters announced on the PS4, will probably have a Wii U by this time next year, Xbone is a crap shoot, XBLA and the odd terribad PS3 port are the only things that kept the 360 relevant to me, neither of which are likely to be talking points this time.

In 8 hours and 2 minutes.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron