By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect: my fav rpg thread *What will the future bring us*

Tagged games:

We all know Bioware will make a new game based on the the Mass effect universe. I mean they would be goddamn stupid if they wouldn't like our money. So far there have been a few screens but none telling us much, nor has the been any reliable info on the story and setting.

So untill we do know more i thought it would be fun to keep interest up with unconfirmed rumors and actual news.

Now this is an odd one. A Mass Effect 3 forum user with the handle “Col. Paine” has posted a hefty chunk of information about Mass Effect 4 that he claims to be from a secret PAX meeting with BioWare developers. Mike Gamble, a producer on the series, Tweeted "...if you love Mass Effect and are going to PAX Prime email me..." a few weeks before PAX Prime, and this particular fan took him up on the offer. He claims to have been one of the 21 people that got to give feedback on the concepts the team brought, learning new information that hasn’t really been released yet.

It does sound a bit odd, but he responded to Gamble's post-PAX thank you tweet to Mass Effect fans, with a thank you of his own for letting him attend. Take it all with a grain of salt, but here’s the information he shared.

One of the major takeaways was the fact that Mass Effect 4 is likely a sequel, and not a game set before the original trilogy. Two new races were introduced that would be difficult to rationalize in a prequel. First, there’s the "Arrogant" race. These characters are thin, skeletal, and have bright, glowing eyes. The user also noted their necks that "frilled up from their chest.”

Second group was described as the “Ancient, Advanced, and Guardian" race. Think of these as your average sci-fi golems, with smooth rocky or metallic bodies.

Other than the races, these Mass Effect fans also saw different character models in Frostbite 3, different pieces of human equipment, a handful of land vehicles, and plenty of other pieces of concept art that the team wanted feedback on. It sounds like it was a long, detailed meeting, and if you believe this fan’s story, then you should feel confident that BioWare is doing its best to do right by its most dedicated player base.  

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

The first one ME was a RPG but 2 nd 3? Please...
Anyway, I want to see what they're cooking.

I see a future of sequels, lots of sequels.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Mass Effect 4: The Search for Shepard

Mass Effect 5: The Wrath of Wrex

Mass Effect 6: The undiscovered Relay

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

I wonder if they gonna try and fill another game with reapers won we start in a new cycle with liara's timecapsule

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Am curious to see what they do. The 3rd game was surely a weak link and not just the ending.

What will the future bring? Bioware shaming themselves further and just go all-out as an action game developer with EA's massive pressure and creative oppression at their backs.

In my opinion, of course.

mass effect mmo? biowares experience from star wars mmo being a huge pre

Hope they develop the combat even further. The gameplay improvements from ME1->2->3 are very impressive. They really need better writers for the next entry though. That ending was just inexcusable. Couldn't they just play dumb and pretend the indoctrination theory was legit instead of giving us the turd that they gave us.

Panama said:
Hope they develop the combat even further. The gameplay improvements from ME1->2->3 are very impressive. They really need better writers for the next entry though. That ending was just inexcusable. Couldn't they just play dumb and pretend the indoctrination theory was legit instead of giving us the turd that they gave us.

It'd also makes my time watching all those theory videos worth something (Seriously what a big waste of time) and it's actually makes sense for the story to continue. 

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share