By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry Next-Gen Face-Off: Battlefield 4

Tagged games:

walsufnir said:

On both pics, which is a silly comparison, as they don't show the same exact landscape.

Watch the video... you can see dozen of examples in Xbone.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

walsufnir said:

On both pics, which is a silly comparison, as they don't show the same exact landscape.

I am criticizing your choice to prove your point, nothing more. Yes, in close-ups you will surely see differences but still, like this gen, many people won't notice in an fps. BF4 is not journey or something.

walsufnir said:

I am criticizing your choice to prove your point, nothing more. Yes, in close-ups you will surely see differences but still, like this gen, many people won't notice in an fps. BF4 is not journey or something.

Many people won't notice shimmerings or aliasing? WTF.

People just accept what they received because can't play anything better lol but they notice these things.

walsufnir said:
ethomaz said:

walsufnir said:

Like many people wont notice the difference between 360 and One in cross gen games, that doesnt mean the difference is not huge even if blind people  dont see it ( and shouldnt buy next gen console if their eyes are so bad ).

Like many people didnt see the difference between Just Cause/Splinter Cell Xbox and Just Cause/Splinter Cell PS2 but the difference were there, just like today.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
walsufnir said:
ethomaz said:

walsufnir said:

Like many people wont notice the difference between 360 and One in cross gen games, that doesnt mean the difference is not huge even if blind people  dont see it ( and shouldnt buy next gen console if their eyes are so bad ).

Like many people didnt see the difference between Just Cause/Splinter Cell Xbox and Just Cause/Splinter Cell PS2 but the difference were there, just like today.

Splinter Cell is a very bad example :) This looked like a different game, BF4 doesn't. And yes, there is difference, sure. Not denying that. If you don't want any shimmering, buy PC.

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
It´s funny that when the first COD Ghost face-off the same people were saing : "You must be blind not to seeing how PS4 is more sharper?"

Well, well, in fact, those face-off were exactly the same resolution and effects.

Isn´t that funny? We have a very extencive analizis and it´s cleary that is not easy to spot any difference, unless you look for it, and as we know they have diferent resolution you guy know where to look (lines at the background).

Now, many here must be thinking LevelCap is blind for he to say that "both console look and play the same"?

Some people are way more sensitive to visual inconsistencies.

I can see the difference easily, within seconds, when a TV is 60Hz and not 120Hz. I have friends that look at them side by side and can't tell.

Low resolution and aliasing issues are dreadful. They kill the immersion for some of us. Only a handful of games from last gen were visually good in my eyes. For instance, Killzone2&3 and GT5 looked like shit to me. Literally.

You might not see it, but the full HD videos I downloaded and watched show clear differences. Moreoever, I never want to play a game with the aliasing of the Xbox One version ever again.

I'd rather play indie games with sprites as it doesn't hurt my eyes so much.

But if you dont want an horrible shimerring and want the games that are on PC  and consoles ( + sony exclusives) for the best price/quality console, buy a PS4 .

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

ethomaz said:

Open this two picture in full screen... you can even see all the difference in aliasing and sharpness.

http://i7.minus.com/ibiz5S0MyKR9AZ.jpg
http://i2.minus.com/ikX92TjS8Pf3w.jpg

And if you care... PC.

http://i2.minus.com/ilND4c9TR4zBy.jpg

Wow, you can really see the difference with these pics. There is a power cable running diagonally which looks totally jaggy on the Xone and is completely smooth on the PS4. Anyone who says these two pics are identical is a fanboy pure and simple

Lulz said:
I must have really bad eye sight because I can't see a difference between those 2 screenshots aside from the XOne verion looking a bit darker.

Maybe if you've tried copying the image link and see what the image are instead of looking at the picture to how you see it in the vgchartz forum could allow you, then you'd see it.

Why are you comparing singleplayer BF4?