By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry Next-Gen Face-Off: Battlefield 4

Tagged games:

Most people who have no eyes problem will see the big difference.

( like videogamer, DF and many other reviewer )

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

Dark_Feanor said:

Because everybody when playing a shooter pay attention to powerlines at the back ground.

You are blind if you only see the powerlines difference... it is neither the most noticiable difference lol

DAT shimmering.

Dark_Feanor said:
Aerys said:
Vasto said:
Aerys said:
Vasto said:
Aerys said:
Vasto : You obviously didnt see the game running on xbox one , the xbox one version is nowhere close to the PS4 version with so much aliasing.

Yes, I have seen it and it looks nearly identical. Also there are videos of both versions everywhere. Go play a PC game and change the rez from 1080P to 720p. The differenence is huge. I am not seeing that here.

I said running on your TV with a Xbox One upscaling because the problem is the upscaler.

Because it is impossible to not see the horrible aliasing if you have the console, unless your eyes have a problem...

I have seen Battlefield hooked to a TV. I said Yes, I have seen it and it looks nearly identical. People have different opinions and this is mine.

But what i say is not an opinion, its a fact.

Like if you said " 360 BF4 version looks nearly identical to One version, my opinion " , that wouldnt change the facts.

The fact that most of people in regular situations will not note any difference?

Yes, the truth is hard.

Still waiting for the truth and the hidden power

The PS4 Version is a lot better and if you can't notice a difference between 720/900 and 1080p native there is something wrong with your eyes or TV/monitor.
Especially if you have a big and good TV you will notice it.You don't even need to see both versions side by side.You just see something isn't as nice as it should be on the One Version.

ethomaz said:

Dark_Feanor said:

Because everybody when playing a shooter pay attention to powerlines at the back ground.

You are blind if you only see the powerlines difference... it is neither the most noticiable difference lol

On those shots, yes, only at the powerlines.

Other shots? Stil only in lines at the background.

Around the Network

BTW in HDTV the difference is even bigger... everything get more noticeable in bigger TVs.

Its funny when people try to tell people they are wrong for not seeing what they see.

If you really want to see what these games look like then post videos and not pictures. You will see that there is not real difference at all.

Dark_Feanor said:

On those shots, yes, only at the powerlines.

Other shots? Stil only in lines at the background.

So you didn't have a good HDTV or you have some eyes problem or you are biased

Take one.

ethomaz said:
DAT shimmering.

I CAN'T STAND THAT.

After I bought my PS3 I complained to all my friends about Killzone 2's horrible, horrible flickering. I couldn't believe it was hailed as a graphics powerhouse.

That's a dealbreaker for me. If it surfaces its headon PS4 then I'm heading to PC forever. But I'm hopeful.

Vasto said:
Its funny when people try to tell people they are wrong for not seeing what they see.

If you really want to see what these games look like then post videos and not pictures. You will see that there is not real difference at all.

This is from the video... you can't see?

The fisr thing I saw when a play a game is aliasing... after that screen tearing... and so shimmering... it takes less than 1 minute playing to see these bad things.

I hate that like I hated in PS3.