By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's DriveClub got new trailer! 22 february release after all?

Tagged games:

You think this is the releasedate?

YES: release in February 13 48.15%

NO : release in March 2 7.41%

NO: release in Q2 12 44.44%

Total:27

Well the cars in all the PGR games handle very arcade like another reason its pretty much a pure arcade racer.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
ethomaz said:

Chris Hu said:

PGR is arcade not being able to ugrade the cars makes it pretty much a pure arcade game.

Upgrade cars having nothing to do with sim/arcade... it is the driving simulation... that's a bad habit from some gamers that things that customizations make a simulator racing.

Well if you think that not being able to upgrade the cars doesn't make it a arcade racers which is really does since no racing game that is playable in a real arcade has upgradable cars then the kudos system makes it a arcade racer.

Maybe you are including "tweaking" and "setting up" in the meaning of "upgrading": Grand Prix Legends is totally hardcore sim, yet you can't "upgrade" cars, but its physics are as accurate as PC power allowed back in its times  and you can finely tweak and set up suspensions, gears, differential lock (separately in acceleration and deceleration), tyres pressure and amount of fuel at start, and I could be forgetting something else, and while the car body and frame is rigid, the damage model for suspensions is realistic and unforgiving.

PS ah, yes, there is also limited engine damage simulation, if you over-rev it too much.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

NEW 10 second #Driveclub clip http://vimeo.com/80577525

Don't know witch thread to post this too so im just gonna put it here then someone else can do what they want with it

^
hm that one imo doesn't look so hot, because the road looks like a copy paste job all few meters, the other clips look pretty amazing though

Around the Network

Does anybody know when the Demo will be out?

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

ethomaz said:

green_sky said:

Is this game a sim like GT or acrade racer?

Arcade with some sim feature... like PGR.

Something is bugging me. In all those videos the drivers is twitchy with the wheel. like if he could only turn with the D-pad and hasn't got any analog levels with the stick.

I think you played this game Ethomaz? Or any people who played the game, if you slightly push the stick left, do you take a turn slowly or you need to do full left, full right, full left, full right just in order to take a light curve?

pretty sure that they've stated it will have full steering wheel support.
with that, i'm sure they would support the full input range allowed by the sticks,
just because if you design the control scheme for full analog range for steering wheel,
why go to the trouble of designing it for a lesser d-pad only scheme?
especially when somebody with a wheel playing against somebody with only a controller should be pretty common.

i would just chalk it up to the person playing the game for the preview video just isn't that good a player,
or is just happy enough to get by with jerky controls...

EDIT: Oh yeah... I think it's still worthwhile to say... WOW! about this game again, both on an improvement basis and just as it currently looks period.

Cant wait! The game is looking a lot better since it was first revealed. Looks as though they delayed it for very good reasons.

It's pretty but does it drive good? The hands on impressions weren't so good. Hopefully the delay improves the driving.