By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Counter To All The Negative Wii U Threads In 1 Place

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Osc89 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

The gamecube had terrible first party support.  It got the traditional 3D Mario, SSB, and Mario Kart on every Nintendo console but when you look at the other games its easy to see why it didn't sell.  The terrible Star Fox games, the gimmicky Donkey Kong games, terrible Wario games, destruction of the Mario Party series with sequel after sequel and multiple Mario Sports games that I think everyone knows don't move systems.  

Wait, I thought your argument was that the Wii U has had worse first-party support than the GameCube?

No I said it had terrible first party support and managed to sell 4m, I never said anywhere it had worse first party support than the Gamecube.  

So if the Wii U doesn't have worse first-party support, it must have equal or better. And yet is selling worse than the GameCube? If this is true, then this has become an argument for the Wii U selling less than the GameCube. It would show that the Wii U doing better than the GameCube does not depend on first-party support.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Carl2291 said:

Ehh, I dont think its quite that easy to dismiss.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

1. Nintendo to discontinue the Wii U:  This is never gonna happen and anyone that things it will obviously was not around when Sega left the hardware bussiness.  It makes no sense for Nintendo to drop the Wii u because they'd lose all trust from the consumer and no one would buy their next system also Nintendo has way more than enough money to whether the storm of one bad console, especially considering they have another console, the 3DS, selling amazing.  Also ITS ONLY BEEN 1 YEAR and people are already saying they are gonna drop support, oh ya just ignore the Wii U's 2014 lineup destroys the PS4's and X1's.

This one I can kinda agree with, though it depends on the time set. If people are saying 2014 then sure, call them out. If people are saying late 2015 through 2016 though then its not out of the question if sales dont pick up throughout 2014. Support simply wont be there and interest in the system will drop to the point that Nintendo will be forced to discontinue it, because retailers wont want it.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

2. Wii U will sell less than the Gamecube:  I can't believe anyone actually things this, but lets think about this logically.  The Wii U managed to sell 4m units in 1 year with terrible first party support, now the Gamecube only managed to sell 21m units...anyone that things the Wii U won't easily reach 21m is crazy.  Nintendo is releasing a huge lineup of first party games next year and Nintendo tends to save 1 or 2 games to reveal at E3 and release for holiday season, this year will probably be Zelda U or Miyamoto's new IP or both, add those to SSB, MK8, X, Bayonetta 2, Yoshi Yarn, Donkey Kong TF, and SMT x FE anyone that things the Wii U will sell less than 10m next year, which is half the total GC sales, is crazy.  If it can sell 4m in this year with that terrible support it can easily sell 10m next year with that huge lineup.

This is a bullshit one. The Wii U selling less than the Gamecube certainly isnt out of the question. Just compare it to the Gamecube right now launches aligned. Look at the situation in Europe. Look at the complete lack of meaningful support from 3rd parties.

Firstly, lets compare the Wii U to the Gamecube (and other NIntendo platforms) in America.

Well like I said in the OP the Wii U had terrible support this past year and ended up selling 4m units, if you look at the games releasing for the GC in that year period it had some of the biggest releases of its lifetime while the Wii U had nothing.  You can compare that year to the Wii U's 2014 year cause it looks like they will have similar support.

2.5m from launch - late 2013. It sold 1.5m this year so far.

Seece said:
Also ITS ONLY BEEN 1 YEAR and people are already saying they are gonna drop support, oh ya just ignore the Wii U's 2014 lineup destroys the PS4's and X1's.

In your opinion it is, like everything in the OP. Basically unless people agree with you that WIiU is fine you don't want people posting threads.

I wouldn't quite say destroys, it's just that for once we have a clearer picture of what Nintendo is running in the future than Sony and Microsoft, when usually it's the other way around (especially Sony will have a lineup mapped out through early 2015, while with Nintendo you would barely now about the next holiday season before it creeps up)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

So are we done with all these dumbass threads?

NEVVVAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Osc89 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

2. Wii U will sell less than the Gamecube:  I can't believe anyone actually thinks this, but lets think about this logically.  The Wii U managed to sell 4m units in 1 year with terrible first party support, now the Gamecube only managed to sell 21m units...anyone that thinks the Wii U won't easily reach 21m is crazy.  Nintendo is releasing a huge lineup of first party games next year and Nintendo tends to save 1 or 2 games to reveal at E3 and release for holiday season, this year will probably be Zelda U or Miyamoto's new IP or both, add those to SSB, MK8, X, Bayonetta 2, Yoshi Yarn, Donkey Kong TF, and SMT x FE anyone that thinks the Wii U will sell less than 10m next year, which is half the total GC sales, is crazy.  If it can sell 4m in this year with that terrible support it can easily sell 10m next year with that huge lineup.

Logically you can't make a definitive statement either way. You can say the reason the Wii U isn't selling is bad first-party support in the first year, but you can equally say the GameCube sold poorly despite good first-party support (so the Wii U could suffer the same fate).

The gamecube had terrible first party support.  It got the traditional 3D Mario, SSB, and Mario Kart on every Nintendo console but when you look at the other games its easy to see why it didn't sell.  The terrible Star Fox games, the gimmicky Donkey Kong games, terrible Wario games, destruction of the Mario Party series with sequel after sequel and multiple Mario Sports games that I think everyone knows don't move systems.  

True. However, there was also Metroid Prime, as well as Windwaker and Pikmin...and F-Zero, and Luigi's Mansion. Also Animal Crossing, and some Pokemon games.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Around the Network
Osc89 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Osc89 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Wait, I thought your argument was that the Wii U has had worse first-party support than the GameCube?

No I said it had terrible first party support and managed to sell 4m, I never said anywhere it had worse first party support than the Gamecube.  

So if the Wii U doesn't have worse first-party support, it must have equal or better. And yet is selling worse than the GameCube? If this is true, then this has become an argument for the Wii U selling less than the GameCube. It would show that the Wii U doing better than the GameCube does not depend on first-party support.

Look at the chart that Carl posted and see the difference in support that the Wii U got during its first year and the support that the GC got, what I was refering to before was the total support of the GC.  You can see the GC got way more support in its first year.  

Mr Khan said:
Seece said:
Also ITS ONLY BEEN 1 YEAR and people are already saying they are gonna drop support, oh ya just ignore the Wii U's 2014 lineup destroys the PS4's and X1's.

In your opinion it is, like everything in the OP. Basically unless people agree with you that WIiU is fine you don't want people posting threads.

I wouldn't quite say destroys, it's just that for once we have a clearer picture of what Nintendo is running in the future than Sony and Microsoft, when usually it's the other way around (especially Sony will have a lineup mapped out through early 2015, while with Nintendo you would barely now about the next holiday season before it creeps up)

I expect MS to announce more stuff, but their 2014 line up is pretty much revealed. Titanfall, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Fable Legends, Halo 5 and Forza Horizon 2.

I agree with you I want the Wii U to succeed. Although I think I made a comment earlier saying I think the Wii U might do worse than the Gamecube (I'm not sure if I said that) which is complete BS coming from a person like me and my original prediction for the Wii U was 40-50 million lifetime sales far from a failure.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Osc89 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Look at the chart that Carl posted and see the difference in support that the Wii U got during its first year and the support that the GC got, what I was refering to before was the total support of the GC.  You can see the GC got way more support in its first year.  

Then we go back to my original argument. The Wii U has had worse first-party support and worse sales, so we actually have to reach GameCube levels of support before we can judge. We can blame the poor sales on support, or point to the GameCube as evidence that stronger first-party does not equate to great sales.

For your assessment to be true, you have to believe that all that is wrong with the Wii U is the first-party support, and that what is coming up for the Wii U greatly surpasses what the GameCube had. It first needs to close the current gap between the GameCube and Wii U, and then have continued better releases from that point. I'm not saying they won't do it, just that it requires a leap of faith at this point, and is not a logical conclusion by any means.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Osc89 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Osc89 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Then we go back to my original argument. The Wii U has had worse first-party support and worse sales, so we actually have to reach GameCube levels of support before we can judge. We can blame the poor sales on support, or point to the GameCube as evidence that stronger first-party does not equate to great sales.

For your assessment to be true, you have to believe that all that is wrong with the Wii U is the first-party support, and that what is coming up for the Wii U greatly surpasses what the GameCube had. It first needs to close the current gap between the GameCube and Wii U, and then have continued better releases from that point. I'm not saying they won't do it, just that it requires a leap of faith at this point, and is not a logical conclusion by any means.

GCN Nintendo software had some serious problems Wii U's may yet avoid, such as undermining just about all their big franchises  withh poor creative decisions.