By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kotaku: Installing Xbox One Games Takes Way Too Long

kupomogli said:
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
Cerny fantastic feature Play & Install.

Hows that standby mode working out?  Far more relevant in my opinion.  This is a one time problem.  Starting up and waiting for every play thereafter is an every time problem. 

I can say xbox on and be signed in and playing the game from exactly where I left it off the night before in about 15 seconds. 

Since standby mode boot is far more relevant to you, you might be interested that the PS4 wakes from standby much quicker than the Xbox One.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHEjdTn7LAQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=540

That's not what my ps4 does. I have an orange light in stanby, not white.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
kupomogli said:
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:

Hows that standby mode working out?  Far more relevant in my opinion.  This is a one time problem.  Starting up and waiting for every play thereafter is an every time problem. 

I can say xbox on and be signed in and playing the game from exactly where I left it off the night before in about 15 seconds. 

Since standby mode boot is far more relevant to you, you might be interested that the PS4 wakes from standby much quicker than the Xbox One.

ffs, do people read threads?

I was cofusing standby with a feature PS4 doesnt have yet.  suspend/resume.

I replied to you didn't I, so I atleast read to page two.  While the PS4 doesn't have the suspend and resume feature yet, I expect you to say it doesn't matter that PS4 loads faster there either once it's finally patched in.  Just like the install times which mattered when they were on the PS3 but don't now because they're on the Xbox One.

tuscaniman99 said:
Shouldn't be using discs in the first place. Physical media is archaic. Going digital the rest of this gen. So it takes me 1 second to switch to another game while you have to get up, open case, grab disc, eject previous disc, insert new disc, put other disc away. Thanks but no thanks physical media needs to die right with Gamestop.

I have way more trouble with Digital than these five seconds to swap a disc starting from downloading 50GB games.

JoeTheBro said:
kupomogli said:
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:

That's not what my ps4 does. I have an orange light in stanby, not white.

same here

n-skyline said:
kowenicki this is going to be a rough generation for you, selnor too

Ha.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:

He hits the PS4 button 5 seconds before hitting the Xbox One button. I also don't have to walk to my controller and pick it up to wake my Xbox One. I say Xbox On from anywhere in the house and it is on and ready to go before I sit on the couch. Add in the time it takes to walk to your DS4 and pick it up and the Xbox One demolishes the PS4 wake time. I also can switch between games and apps in less than 1 second by saying Xbox Go To (insert game title).

tuscaniman99 said:
Shouldn't be using discs in the first place. Physical media is archaic. Going digital the rest of this gen. So it takes me 1 second to switch to another game while you have to get up, open case, grab disc, eject previous disc, insert new disc, put other disc away. Thanks but no thanks physical media needs to die right with Gamestop.

If you're based in the US, that's probably OK for you as digital games are priced the same as physical, but here in the UK they are around £10-15 more. I'd rather save that money then have the digital version.

tuscaniman99 said:
kupomogli said:
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:

He hits the PS4 button 5 seconds before hitting the Xbox One button. I also don't have to walk to my controller and pick it up to wake my Xbox One. I say Xbox On from anywhere in the house and it is on and ready to go before I sit on the couch. Add in the time it takes to walk to your DS4 and pick it up and the Xbox One demolishes the PS4 wake time. I also can switch between games and apps in less than 1 second by saying Xbox Go To (insert game title).

Anywhere in the house?

ethomaz said:
tuscaniman99 said:

I have way more trouble with Digital than these five seconds to swap a disc starting from downloading 50GB games.

It takes me about 4 hours to download 50gb. I understand some people need physical but if digital is a viable option nobody should pick the physical route. I will never have to switch discs again. The convience of me saying Xbox Go To (Insert Game Title) is worth it. People complained about Xbox 360 having multiple discs when PS3 only had one last gen and complained about having to get up and switch discs. Well now it is to the point where switching 1 disc is worse than switching multiple discs last gen. I honestly don't even touch my controller until I play an actual game. Everything from booting up the console and selecting the game is done with my voice instantly. If you tried out an Xbox One you would see what I'm talking about. I couldn't imagine having it without Kinect.

sully1311 said:
tuscaniman99 said:
kupomogli said:
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:

Anywhere in the house?

Within range of where the Kinect can hear me.