By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Biggest online meltdowns in videogame history? [Video complete- thanks for the help!]

FFXIII going to 360 was BY FAR FAR FAR FAR a more energetic meltdown that the DRM thing...it was astounding how bad that was at the time...if you werent there..phewwwww you either dodged a bullet or missed out on something rather historic.

It seems so simple now, A Final Fantasy Game on the 360...but back then man...wooooow...just wowwwwww

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Around the Network

when final fantasy 13 was announced for 360, i think nobody expected that, because it didnt happen before, for so many years final fantasy was exclusive to playstation, and suddenly it was announced for xbox. nobody really expected that.

thats why it was such a huge explosion of surprise, it was a trully incredible announcement. a real bombshell, megaton etc.

there were no rumours about it really. so it was huge when that announcement came. but i dont consider it a meltdown, it shouldnt be. as a playstation fan i think it was great news, i think that all third party games should be multiplat. but of course it was a big meltdown for diehard sony fanboys xdd.

Talal said:
Zero999 said:

There was a big ongoing meltdown in brazil foruns, 100% on the internet. unlike many events people are listing here, that happened before internet was popular.

3DS turn around before FF13?

and no there weren't meltdowns. Some people were surprised but no meltdowns.

just because you didn't witness, doesn't mean there weren't a meltdown. I did witness.

Zero999 said:
Talal said:
Zero999 said:

There was a big ongoing meltdown in brazil foruns, 100% on the internet. unlike many events people are listing here, that happened before internet was popular.

3DS turn around before FF13?

and no there weren't meltdowns. Some people were surprised but no meltdowns.

just because you didn't witness, doesn't mean there weren't a meltdown. I did witness.

I was here yet I didn't see meltdowns. Most people here didn't see those meltdowns. If there were meltdowns (I don't doubt you that there were) they were not "Biggest online meltdowns" if most people here haven't seen them.

Gotta go with FFXIII 360. Fanboys exploded all over the place after the announcement and we also got another wave of meltdowns once the crybabies realised that the game wasn't what they had hoped for and did everything to blame the 360 for the game's shortcomings.

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:
Gotta go with FFXIII 360. Fanboys exploded all over the place after the announcement and we also got another wave of meltdowns once the crybabies realised that the game wasn't what they had hoped for and did everything to blame the 360 for the game's shortcomings.

There is some precedence to that, SE did get rid of nearly all the beautiful pre-rendered cutscenes and reworked them with ingame graphics...so the game would fit on as few 360 discs as possible.

Not only that, but SE admitted they removed parts of the game due to "storage reasons".  They even considered selling the removed parts as DLC for the original FFXIII, butnever did. 

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Easily FFXIII on 360.

I reckon E3 2013 could have ended up being so much worse if Microsoft hadn't already lost a lot of their hardcore fans over the past few years.

FF13 coming to 360 by a country mile.
Nearly every gaming website went down that day. It was crazy.

Just imagine, if we all knew how shit the game would have ended up being nobody would have cared.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

RIP pie185   *Commited suicide for horrible game*

xbox one.... their initial policies.....