By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you do not like a game, do you push through until the end, or quit?

If I don't like a game I don't finish it. There are even some games I like that when I get to the final boss fight and find it really hard and I don't quite finish. But those are few.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

It depends on the game. Some times I push on through to the end and other times, I'll give up.

List of games I didn't like but finished:

Final Fantasy XIII- I kinda fooled myself into thinking that I liked it but after I finished it, I just felt emptiness due to the embarrassingly poor storytelling and characterization. The definition of style over substance.

Assassin's Creed III- Hated this game. Such a slog. Yet I managed to finish it anyway. In fact, I just started playing ACIV and I'm already enjoying it more than I did ACIII.

Beyond: Two Souls- Inconsistent interactivity with what you can do with Aiden, along with a unfocused story and underdeveloped characters ensures that I felt nothing but apathy for this game.

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time- I actually really liked this game when I was younger but the more I look back, the more I realize that the game really isn't all that great. Unbalanced difficulty, poor characterization, meandering and plodding story, terrible crafting system, etc.

Now here are the games that I didn't like and didn't finish:

Resident Evil 5 and 6- Didn't care much for RE5 and I played RE6 for three hours and found it so boring that I couldn't bring myself to play more of the game.

Demon Souls'/Dark Souls- Tried both of these games but there really weren't for me. Still have a copy of Dark Souls so I might give it another shot if I have the time but I have a ton of other games I rather play.

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty- RTS games are REALLY not for me and I'll leave it at that.

That's all I can think of for now.

I usually try to finish a game and just look at the bright side of it. lol!

The games that I usually can't finish are the ones that takes too much grinding which doesn't mix well with my work schedule and before I could finish the games, new and more appealing ones comes out. This is what happened to me with Disgaea 2 (PSP) and Disgaea 3 (PSV).

There is also hardware issues that prevented me from completing a game. Like what happened with Blue Dragon (360). The disc drive on my 360 finally gave and with the lack of funds, I have no way to replacing it or having it repaired. So it has remained this way for quite sometime now.

Quit it, I play games for fun.

Weedlab said:

I tend to finish it. That way I can say it sucks because of A,B,C ... Z. Lately I've been really busy, so I've put a few down in the interest of other things, but I'll revisit them soon after. The worst games I own are RAGE and Duke Nukem Forever, and they're playable in my opinion.

If the game is bad I'll just put it in my "do not touch" pile. If it is good I'll revisit it later.

Is RAGE really all that bad? I watched a walkthrough and thought it looked pretty fun. The shitty ending is the only thing that really kept me from buying it.

Around the Network

I have a stupidly huge backlog, so I have trouble even finishing the games that I do enjoy. I always buy new games that take up my interest and tell myself that I'll come back to the game I was playing before. But I never do.

I have a problem.

I usually torture myself and continue playing. Halo ODST and Crysis 2 come to mind. Awful games.

I managed to drag myself to the end of Zack and Wiki, Cursed Mountain, and Epic Mickey. Given that, I don't think there are many games out there that I wouldn't finish.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I only have like 30 games but I still end up quitting it if I do not like it, which is why I try to buy games that I know I will like. I pretty much beat 70% of my games and have a pile of the "do not play" games and a stack of "Play in this order" games.

One game that I disliked and played to the end is FFXIII, I just could not accept what had happened. But I still kept going on.

I quit the first infamous early because I thought it was just a decent game and deleted it off my HD and never got back to it. Love the 2nd infamous though.

Diablo 3 for awhile. Beat it on the first 2 difficulties, could not go on after that.

Skyrim, did not beat it but got good playtime and some fun from it.

Darksiders, thought it was decent game, fun in some parts boring in others. I got stuck at a part where you got to throw something to bounce off something blah blah blah. Got so angry that this was randomly in the game that I deleted it off my HD and did not even bother wasting time to see how to get past it.

World of Warcraft, despite spending 1000s of hours on this game I could not beat it :(. (JK guys lol)

I rarely ever clear games. GTA 5 was the 1st in a long time because the story was interesting.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)