By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Ni no Kuni 2 Reportedly Being Developed For The PlayStation 4

This is great news if its true, I really loved the first one

Around the Network
TheKoreanGuy said:
kupomogli said:
If the gameplay is garbage again, then I don't care. I'd rather have a series that's like White Knight Chronicles.

What? The point of a sequel is to improve aspects like gameplay. These types of comments are unwarranted.

So I can't come in a thread about a game, and give my opinion on the game that it's a sequel of? I'm certainly not off topic.

Mad55 said:
Game doesn't need a sequel really, but im game I suppose so long as it's not the same world.

I would like for it to be in a different world aswell with new characters and all that good sh!t

..turn this bad boy into a franchise

Edit: Not that i would not want it if it was with the same characters or anything.. but still..

enditall727 said:

I would be fine with this aslong as Level-5 brings me Dark Cloud 3 also.... and maybe they could collab with Square and bring another Dragon Quest like they did on PS2

This would make me so happy.  Dark Cloud 2 and Dragon Quest VIII are both in my top 10 all time.  DQVIII is IMO one of the best examples of a truly turn-based console game being done extremely well (everything about it: alchemy, monster teams, etc.) and I'd love to see another game done exactly like it on next-gen hardware.  Farming Metal King Slimes ftw.

It's all about the game.

Fix the horrible AI (currently my only gripe with the first game, I'm playing it right now) and I'll get it

Around the Network
Somini said:
Jeepers!

Creepers!

I read this this morning and I so hope it's true, cause while I love Ninokuni and think it's one of the best games on PS3, I still think it leaves so much room for improvement.

What I would like to be expanded/improved upon in a sequel:
The battle system, namely stupid companion AI and very limited number of skills.
The Familiar system from how you catch them to how evolving only changes their color scheme, I also wished that there would be more "legendary" or really rare familiars.
Getting the best equipment in the game is a ridiculous chore and there is no reason to really get it, my solution would be online multiplayer (competitive and coop) where you could use the equipment that way you would have a reason to get it. Also they could integrate tournaments or coop boss battles, where you can win rare equipment/spells/familiars.
The whole two world thing should be integrated better, in the game I was really hoping for more quests that involved the real world and also more real world locations (for example a sea town like in Ponyo or From up on Poppy Hill, which Ghibli is simply brilliant at creating), one suggestion from me would be the photo sidequest from Dark Cloud 2/Dark Chronicles, but there are certainly more things that could be done.

enditall727 said:
Mad55 said:
Game doesn't need a sequel really, but im game I suppose so long as it's not the same world.

I would like for it to be in a different world aswell with new characters and all that good sh!t

..turn this bad boy into a franchise

Edit: Not that i would not want it if it was with the same characters or anything.. but still..

Agreed!!

zexen_lowe said:

Fix the horrible AI (currently my only gripe with the first game, I'm playing it right now) and I'll get it

My biggest complaint as well.

hay zexen....

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

kupomogli said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
kupomogli said:
If the gameplay is garbage again, then I don't care. I'd rather have a series that's like White Knight Chronicles.

What? The point of a sequel is to improve aspects like gameplay. These types of comments are unwarranted.

So I can't come in a thread about a game, and give my opinion on the game that it's a sequel of? I'm certainly not off topic.

Yes, you can. It just felt like a trolling remark when you mentioned White Knight Chronicles.