By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just started playing A Link Between Worlds and...it just feels...off :/

Tagged games:

RolStoppable said:
osed125 said:

What's the price for getting 100 rupees? I assume is a piece of heart, if it isn't I will just stop since I really suck at it (right now my record is only 52 rupees)

Yes, you get a heart piece for 100+ rupees.

It takes some practice for sure. Hitting three pots in a row will make a crow appear, so sometimes it's better to go for a safe shot instead of the next 5 rupees pot. You get two chances to hit the bird; the first time you should aim for the center and if you are close enough, the ball will home in; second time you have to aim for the far left.

Four series of three pots with the occasional shiny pot + four crows = 16 balls. That's all it takes for 100+ rupees. Of course it's much easier said than done. Hitting a crab respawns all pots, so hitting one of them is actually a good thing. Practice, practice, practice.

Yeah at the end I kinda got the hand of it. Still it was a pain in the ass, and I also barely did it with 102 rupees at the end.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
Hynad said:
F0X said:
Now, to be fair, the gameplay in a 2D Zelda is pretty straightforward compared to, say, Skyward Sword.

Does that justify all of the hand-holding in 3D Zelda games? No. But a tutorial is still welcome in my book.

A choice to have a tutorial or not would be ok. 

"Have you ever played a Zelda game before?"

Yes ---- "Ok, you can make it!"

No ---- "Ok, here goes..." (for an hour)

Sure. Especialy for replayability reasons.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

I'll ask this here, does anyone know if there's a quick save? Finding a bird to save is annoying.

Now I'm playing Zelda A Link Between Worlds and A Link to the past at the same time... I do 1 dungeon on each, 4 dungeons completed on both so far!

Learn to play the game. ;)

Somebody you talk too in the game tells you how to do the spin attack.  Think of it like Dorothy's slippers.  You always had that ability even if you didn't know.

Just completed it with 100%.  Loved every minute of it.

Except for Octoball Derby

Around the Network
exdeath said:

Except for Octoball Derby

That makes us 2

Nintendo and PC gamer

Baseball? Octoball Derby? What have I gotten myself into. >_>

It's good to see this game doesn't hold your hand and let's you discover everything by yourself, the early tutorials can be kinda tedious.

forest-spirit said:
Oh, apparently you can spin your sword around in a circle. But nobody tells you that! Why is that!? WHY!? If I hadn't seen that circleshaped grass plot I would never have figured it out.

Just thought I'd point out that someone DOES tell you that - when you first go into the castle courtyard, there are soldiers training. One of them is doing a spin, and either he or the commander tells you how to do a spin (can't remember which, now).

Aielyn said:
forest-spirit said:
Oh, apparently you can spin your sword around in a circle. But nobody tells you that! Why is that!? WHY!? If I hadn't seen that circleshaped grass plot I would never have figured it out.

Just thought I'd point out that someone DOES tell you that - when you first go into the castle courtyard, there are soldiers training. One of them is doing a spin, and either he or the commander tells you how to do a spin (can't remember which, now).

Hm, must've missed that guy.