By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just started playing A Link Between Worlds and...it just feels...off :/

Tagged games:

One of my favourite Zelda games by far.

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
Now i REALLY want to play it.

Oh, you're one of those "stop explaining everything to me and let me use my brain" kind of people. I guess you might like it then.

You know what the worst part is? You have to rent items using in-game money. Yeah, in-game, as in not real money. I guess Nintendo missed the meeting about micro-transactions being the future, which speaks volumes for how far behind they are.

forest-spirit said:

You know what the worst part is? You have to rent items using in-game money. Yeah, in-game, as in not real money. I guess Nintendo missed the meeting about micro-transactions being the future, which speaks volumes for how far behind they are.

I'll sell my 3DS right now!

Click HERE and be happy 

Definitely appreciate the satire.

Though I overall prefer 3D Zeldas, you it the nail on the head on why the first 5 hours and any "helper" interruption makes me cringe.

Long lists of words don't make the controls easy to remember. Trial, error, and intuition do. The game should back off the obvious tutorials and be much more subtle in the teaching process so it feels like they're learning on their own instead of an AI teacher.

Around the Network
RCTjunkie said:
Definitely appreciate the satire.

Though I overall prefer 3D Zeldas, you it the nail on the head on why the first 5 hours and any "helper" interruption makes me cringe.

Long lists of words don't make the controls easy to remember. Trial, error, and intuition do. The game should back off the obvious tutorials and be much more subtle in the teaching process so it feels like they're learning on their own instead of an AI teacher.

Tbh I too prefer 3D Zelda but I really wish they'd cut down on the tutorials and constant bickering. Hopefully they use what they learnt from ALBW in Zelda U.

LOVE this game. Also love this topic.

RCTjunkie said:

Exactly. I much prefer to figure things out on my own, even when there is tutorials I want to see for myself what happens if I do things wrong, just to see what happens. Just finished the 8th dungeon (or MY 8th dungeon). And also, I just used the hookshot on an enemy which did only bad things to me, and then I immediately learned and remembered not to do that again. That is the real way of learning in a Zelda game.

Also, each time I see a dungeon on the map that I want to go to, the path is closed with no tutorials on how to get there. You just explore your way to it, and after just a little while you get there. And every time the path there feels fresh and new, like no other puzzle did before. Brilliant game.

Yep.

Hoe the hell does the baseball minigame works? I mean you use the circle pad to change the altitude, but what about the direction? 

Nintendo and PC gamer

RolStoppable said:
osed125 said:

Hoe the hell does the baseball minigame works? I mean you use the circle pad to change the altitude, but what about the direction? 

Swing early = ball goes to the right.
Swing late = ball goes to the left.

Exactly like it works for a left-handed player in Wii Sports.

What's the price for getting 100 rupees? I assume is a piece of heart, if it isn't I will just stop since I really suck at it (right now my record is only 52 rupees)

Edit: nvm I manage to get 100 rupees and the price was indeed a piece of heart. I hope I don't have to play that game again...

Nintendo and PC gamer

F0X said:
Now, to be fair, the gameplay in a 2D Zelda is pretty straightforward compared to, say, Skyward Sword.

Does that justify all of the hand-holding in 3D Zelda games? No. But a tutorial is still welcome in my book.

A choice to have a tutorial or not would be ok. 

"Have you ever played a Zelda game before?"

Yes ---- "Ok, you can make it!"

No ---- "Ok, here goes..." (for an hour)