By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's ONE game that you have a favorite memory from last gen???

Mine would be Resistance 2. Not the best shooter, but it's one of those games that the memories stuck with me. I have plenty of games like that, but I often forget how much I enjoyed Resistance 2!

Released in 2008, I got in along with 2 other games at Target as part of a "buy 2 get 1" deal. Started by beating the single player campaign. It was fun, but nothing amazing about it. Then on to the multiplayer... And oh what fun was had!!!

Competitive multiplayer was great. 60 players all in 1 match, great shooting/gameplay, and good balenced classes. In my opinion it was the Ps3's first great exclusive online multiplayer game. But there was something even better...

The online co-op campaign!!! So much fun was had. It was up to 8 players, drop in/out, and the difficulty increased with each player. It almost had some RPG like mechanics to it, but different classes (assult, defense, support) and it was just a blast to play. I played the hell out of the online co-op, and had some great memories.

YOUR TURN!!! What's one game this past gen that might not be the most popular game, but holds a special place in your heart!!! 

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

yes!! resistance 2 was so fun! Man, was I dissapointed that R3 didn't had co-op MP :L

When I got "Naruto ultimate ninja storm 1" after a lot of searching. I literally purchased ps3 for this game. Playing this game was one of my most favorite memories of last gen.

One, eh? Well, I was never a big mult-player gamer until later on in life. I don't know why but it just seemed hard to get into. I felt like I was pretty good at Gears of War but not good enough to compete online. I didn't want to suck and drag a team down with me.

Anyway, Gears of War 2 released and I decided to give Horde Mode a try. The group I was allied with was about on my level. I was able to hold my own. There was one particular map where everyone was dead and, as they died, they were able to watch the survivor continue playing. I was the last man standing and I was nervous as hell. I was rolling out of the way of rockets at the last second, running from cover to cover barely staying alive and I kept hearing in my headset "C'mon, Lewis!" and "Good Job, Lewis!" I figured I would die just like everybody else but I didn't. I defeated what was left of the Horde by myself.

When that round was over, I felt like I had won the Superbowl. I think I even got a few Friend Requests that day. Of course, we got destroyed the very next round but I'll always remember that day and smile.

Mine must be Pokemon Diamond. My first pokemon game, the game that made me wake up every morning to check the GTS, plant, sprinkle and harvest berries before going to school, and the same every evening. The game where I caught a couple thousands pokemons (no kidding), finished the elite four roughly 160 times, got every legendary pokemon in level 100 (and quite a few normal ones too) and the game that made me the gamer I am today. Ï'll never have that experience again.

Around the Network

MIne would be Metal Gear Solid 4, my first PS3 game. I was very fond of the MGS series and after playing MGS3, which was one of the best imo, I felt the need to play MGS4. I didn't mind the long cutscenes, in fact, I loved them, The gameplay was awesome and the graphics were really breath-taking since it was my first HD game. The story, the boss battles, the gameplay mechanics, I had tons of fun with those and they are truly fond memories I cherish from last-gen.

Definitely the midnight launch of Halo 3 and everyone staying up to play the hell out of that game. Unfortunately I think that was the peak of Halo but still a great memory nonetheless.

hmmmm.... this is a hard one, but I think it was after I got my Wii in 2008 and booted up SMG for the first time. The game started with you heading to get that cake or something with stars raining down from the sky and that music playing at the time, after so many years of serious gaming, especially on the PC front, that was the first time I had a smile on my face in years from a video game before I even noticed I was smiling, and that's when I realized that I was missing that since the N64 days, kind of a revelation really. I mean I had a lot of ROFL moments, especially camping bitches in WoW since I played on a PvP server but SMG brought out something entirely different lol.

I haven't forgotten that feeling ever since, and I finally understood that Nintendo games can bring that out of me so it's quiet awesome and possibly my favorite memory from the 7th gen of console gaming.

IsawYoshi said:
Mine must be Pokemon Diamond. My first pokemon game, the game that made me wake up every morning to check the GTS, plant, sprinkle and harvesting berries before going to school, and the same every evening. The game where I caught a couple thousands pokemons (no kidding), finished the elite four roughly 160 times, got every legendary pokemon in level 100 (and quite a few normal ones too) and the game that made me the gamer I am today. Ï'll never have tht experience again.

Really nice story. Do you have the new Pokemon games? If so, do you enjoy them?

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

Demon Souls, loved every second of that game. Had an absolutely blast from beginning to end.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.