allblue said:
NightDragon83 said:
allblue said:
NightDragon83 said:
allblue said:
kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:
dahuman said:

this game being a simulator revolves around handling and control and ai is being judged on graphical facts like aa

same like putting civ:rev up there =total nonsense, it looking nice is a benefit not the goal

You're asking why a game that was rushed out to meet a brand new console's launch date didn't live up to expectations?

Gee, I have no idea why...

Again, you are missing the point of my question. You have no idea whether its rushed or because of hardware incapabilities. You have no evidence.

The fact stands that there's disparity between what was shown at E3 and what it is right now. I'm asking, why.

I have no evidence to support that Forza 5 was rushed for launch?  When it contains half the content of Forza 4, and a good amount of the content it does have is locked behind a paywall???

As for the "disparty" between a game's promotional build for a trade show and the final product...  again, you act like this is something that's unprecedented.  You must've slept through the PS3's launch.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:
allblue said:

As for the "disparty" between a game's promotional build for a trade show and the final product...  again, you act like this is something that's unprecedented.  You must've slept through the PS3's launch.

Well yes I've never owned a console in my life so I don't have any idea. So I'm honestly asking why there is a downgrade from what they initially promised the customers at E3? If they can achieve what they achieved at E3, why can't they keep it for the launch 8 months later? What's the reason behind it? 

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

allblue said:
NightDragon83 said:
allblue said:

Well yes I've never owned a console in my life so I don't have any idea. So I'm honestly asking why there is a downgrade from what they initially promised the customers at E3? If they can achieve what they achieved at E3, why can't they keep it for the launch 8 months later? What's the reason behind it? 

Most likely they had the game running on higher-spec'd dev kits at E3, and to keep the game locked at 60fps in 1080p on the final product they had to sacrifice a couple of things.  It's not that uncommon with consoles.

They could've been total dicks and only showed pre-rendered footage when they showed off the game, and I'm sure if the had done that they'd be the first ones to do so too, right?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:
allblue said:

Most likely they had the game running on higher-spec'd dev kits at E3, and to keep the game locked at 60fps in 1080p on the final product they had to sacrifice a couple of things.  It's not that uncommon with consoles.

They could've been total dicks and only showed pre-rendered footage when they showed off the game, and I'm sure if the had done that they'd be the first ones to do so too, right?

So what was shown 8 months ago at E3, was on a hardware that was much more capable than x1? Got it, thanks. 

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

NightDragon83 said:

I have no evidence to support that Forza 5 was rushed for launch?  When it contains half the content of Forza 4, and a good amount of the content it does have is locked behind a paywall???

There is a HUGE difference between showing a target video that aimed too high and having mislead customers for months with fake builds running on better HW than your own.  It's not like Sony had actual running builds of those games looking like that, only the target vids.  Which they still rightfully got flack for.  What MS did is in a whole other ballpark of dishonesty.

Around the Network
allblue said:
NightDragon83 said:
allblue said:

So what was shown 8 months ago at E3, was on a hardware that was much more capable than x1? Got it, thanks. 

In the meantime PS4 dev-kits were at the same ballpark as the final HW... maybe MS didn't know they had a weaker HW?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Still waiting an answer from Kirby, at least I highlighted a whole sentence for him for easier reading.

This gMe is amazing. As a racing fanatic this is eby far the best sim on  onsole. Under the hood its physics are clearly way ahead of the lazt gen sims. The impulse triggers were made cor this game. And it looks phenominal. I really cant go back and play forza 4 anymore. The drivatar ai makes every race feel unique. Gone is the procession racing of the ai in fora 4 and gt 5/6. Finally ai  ontrolled drivers make mistakez and try do or die moves like real human players. At times coming up eu rouge and over the top looks so real.

Last gen is so behind me. Im gaming so much more again. Really impressed with xbox one launch. 

Forz 5 is a must for any fan of zimulators. Itz so much better than last gen. 

selnor1983 said:

This gMe is amazing. As a racing fanatic this is eby far the best sim on  onsole. Under the hood its physics are clearly way ahead of the lazt gen sims. The impulse triggers were made cor this game. And it looks phenominal. I really cant go back and play forza 4 anymore. The drivatar ai makes every race feel unique. Gone is the procession racing of the ai in fora 4 and gt 5/6. Finally ai  ontrolled drivers make mistakez and try do or die moves like real human players. At times coming up eu rouge and over the top looks so real.

Last gen is so behind me. Im gaming so much more again. Really impressed with xbox one launch. 

Forz 5 is a must for any fan of zimulators. Itz so much better than last gen. 

And your opinion is relevant to the factual analysis thread about visual downgrades because?

allblue said:
NightDragon83 said:
allblue said:

I didn't know June was 8 months ago, you must be writing from the future.  And again, this isn't the first time a game didn't quite live up to what was promised at a trade show earlier in the year, nor will it be the last.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said: