By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony WW number back to 9.95 million?

darthdevidem01 said:
@NJ5

who accused him??

anyways you seemed to be bent upon proving the Ps3 numbers in UK weren't undertracked....unlucky.lol

_________

good to see....cus UK was undertracked

I wasn't bent on anything, I just said we shouldn't jump to conclusions since the article wasn't clear about what chart track confirmed (until it was edited). I'm glad to see that it's been clarified now, anything which improves accuracy is good.

If you want to know who accused him, just visit the other thread.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

More importantly, the PSP has almost beaten the Wii in Japan.

10 million next week for sure

An extra 100K in the UK.

At this rate it will outsell the 360 in 21 weeks in Europe.

>More importantly, the PSP has almost beaten the Wii in Japan.

PSP DID beat DS this week, that makes it 2 weeks in a row.

It's open to any 'justification' from DS fans.

*saturation
*supply restrain

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
DOATS1 said:
@nj5

the numbers have been updated, why are you accusing people of name calling? nobody has accused ioi of anything in this thread or in any thread today as far as i'm concerned. you're the one throwing the accusations. calm the hell down and deal with it.

OK, since you're the second person saying I'm doing false accusations, here it goes:

Jandre002 said:
Once again we have confirmation that VGchartz is undertracking PS3 and overtracking 360 YET the PS3 gets lowered and 360 gets raised.

If we have no explanation, how can we consider this site reliable?

ioi, just a simple explanation of why Charttrack and NPD show you undertrack the PS3 and overtrack the 360, yet your adjustments are against the PS3. I'm not saying I believe all of that, but a stick or something explaining whats going on couldn't hurt, especially when you make drastic changes. I always defend VG on other sites, now im not so sure if doubters are wrong.

Auron said:
Not to be mean or ungrateful cause i like this site but IF this is true then why can't ioi get accurate numbers from his own country? Makes me suspicious of this. What is the explanation for this discrepancy??

I hope you notice that now it's you doing false accusations towards me.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

LoL, me happy. =))

MOREOVER, PS3 is outselling x360 in UK, NICE Trend.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

The numbers change all the time. I'd like to think ioi not being afraid to change the numbers makes them more accurate, but you're free to form your own conclusions.

Don't be surprised if the PS3 goes back under 10M in a few weeks, and ends up crossing the boundary several times. The Wii did that a lot around a few important milestones. =P

First, a thread about numbers going down.

Now, a thread about them going up.

What next?

lol, I'm so happy with the Ps3 sales, it's improving more and more, let's hope it continue like that :D