By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony WW number back to 9.95 million?

Dolla Dolla said:
First, a thread about numbers going down.

Now, a thread about them going up.

What next?

I'll make one tomorrow about the numbers staying the same for 24 hours.

EDIT:  Dammit Soriku, you post too much... 

Around the Network

So now its for sure reaching 10m next week. along with the 360 reaching 17m.

^^ I wouldn't say for sure... there might be more adjustments ;)

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

What are the hardware shipped figures worldwide for Wii, XBox 360 and PS3?

DMeisterJ said:
More importantly, the PSP has almost beaten the Wii in Japan.

Danger! Troll attack.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
>More importantly, the PSP has almost beaten the Wii in Japan.

PSP DID beat DS this week, that makes it 2 weeks in a row.

It's open to any 'justification' from DS fans.

*saturation
*supply restrain

Somebody needs to brush up on his reading comprehension  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

kingofwale said:

*saturation
*supply restrain

Yeah.  Since folks here argue that the Wii has been supply constrained in America for most of January (and I think last week's America sales support that, > 200k), that must mean we're all biased and will say that the DS would NEVER be outsold by the PSP, it MUST be supply constrained.  I'll take "strawman arguments" for 1000, Alex.

Entroper said:
kingofwale said:

*saturation
*supply restrain

Yeah.  Since folks here argue that the Wii has been supply constrained in America for most of January (and I think last week's America sales support that, > 200k), that must mean we're all biased and will say that the DS would NEVER be outsold by the PSP, it MUST be supply constrained.  I'll take "strawman arguments" for 1000, Alex.

I'd say DS needs a price drop at this point, its had a good run at 16,800 Yen (almost two years, DSL launched in March 2006 in fact the last time DS sales were this low was in Feb 2006), but its time to cut a few thousand off (I say take it down to 13,000)

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:

I'd say DS needs a price drop at this point, its had a good run at 16,800 Yen (almost two years, DSL launched in March 2006 in fact the last time DS sales were this low was in Feb 2006), but its time to cut a few thousand off (I say take it down to 13,000)

Actually, I agree with you on this.  Looking at the graph of DS sales in Japan, you can see that it was on a plateau of about 150,000 a week for a sustained period, and then dropped to a lower plateau of about 80,000 a week, which is the level it's now returning to after the holidays.  It had a good holiday season, but it could use a little shot in the arm.

trestres said:
DMeisterJ said:
More importantly, the PSP has almost beaten the Wii in Japan.

Danger! Troll attack.

he likes to do that...

Since when is it a negative for a Console too "barely" outsell a handheld... troll spin is what I call it.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.