By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation 4 Sold Out till March

dsage01 said:
This is absolutely ridiculous on Sony's end..they should at least be able to match demand..so dissapointed..that company just makes too many stupid decisions.

I guess this is absolutely ridicoulous on your end.

Sony has made many stupid decisions but this has absolutely nothing to do with a stupid decision if you can't meet demand.

They could not know 10 month ago that demand would be so huge.No way!Wii U was selling bad+all other consoles with lower sales,economy was (and still is) in trouble,vita wasn't selling well.

They could not know that MS will fuck it up in an epic way and they still did not know wether those guys leaving xbox will go to wii u pc or pc 3.

They already produced even more console for ps4 release than they did with ps2(they have reacted as good as possible).I think Sony was overwhelmed by demand the same way Nintendo was at wii -release and both were not able to predict such a high demand .

There is nothing stupid this time and it will have some positive side-effect.People who can't get a ps4 may buy a wii u or xbox1 as they don't want to wait.That's good in terms of competition=good for us as competition increases quality and lowers prizes.

Around the Network
STRYKIE said:

That's what I meant, although we got one way before that after finding out how easy it was to play CD-Rs on it :P I guess I didn't have any profound concern about it's long term future.

As for the PS2, what can I say, you hate what you don't have, I remember trying to convince everyone that the Gran Turismo 3 ads were all CGI parlour tricks.

So true.  Even while I was hating on the PS2, I was saving up to buy it.  Months later, when I left that Gamestop with my PS2and my copies of The Bouncer and Zone of Enders, I was the happiest guy in the world.

eFKac said:
Why would you buy Ryse?!

Anyway bad luck :-/ hope you'll be able to get your PS4 soon.

Yeah, everything I heard and saw from Ryse made me want to AVOID it like the plague, really not my kind of game. But I do want to play AC4 and for some weird reason, they delayed the brazilian launch of it on all consoles, some units arrived, but not the whole deal. it will come out with full stock in early december.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

So it's like the Wii all over again. Nevermind.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

d21lewis said:
STRYKIE said:

That's what I meant, although we got one way before that after finding out how easy it was to play CD-Rs on it :P I guess I didn't have any profound concern about it's long term future.

As for the PS2, what can I say, you hate what you don't have, I remember trying to convince everyone that the Gran Turismo 3 ads were all CGI parlour tricks.

So true.  Even while I was hating on the PS2, I was saving up to buy it.  Months later, when I left that Gamestop with my PS2and my copies of The Bouncer and Zone of Enders, I was the happiest guy in the world.

Meh, I dunno if I'd be happy if I bought a whack 3D Streets of Rage clone with my PS2, but then again, I'm sure that free MGS2 demo with ZOE made up for it tenfold lol

Around the Network
STRYKIE said:

Meh, I dunno if I'd be happy if I bought a whack 3D Streets of Rage clone with my PS2, but then again, I'm sure that free MGS2 demo with ZOE made up for it tenfold lol

That MGS2 demo was probably the most played thing in my house for months.

d21lewis said:

That MGS2 demo was probably the most played thing in my house for months.

Likewise. At least it was a true Solid Snake game. *rolls eyes*

But all joking aside, every small detail in that demo never got old. I sometimes wonder if I should try and find another copy of that one demo just to relive the impact all over again.

SxyxS said:
dsage01 said:
This is absolutely ridiculous on Sony's end..they should at least be able to match demand..so dissapointed..that company just makes too many stupid decisions.

Sony has made many stupid decisions but this has absolutely nothing to do with a stupid decision if you can't meet demand.

They could not know 10 month ago that demand would be so huge.No way!Wii U was selling bad+all other consoles with lower sales,economy was (and still is) in trouble,vita wasn't selling well.

They could not know that MS will fuck it up in an epic way and they still did not know wether those guys leaving xbox will go to wii u pc or pc 3.

They already produced even more console for ps4 release than they did with ps2(they have reacted as good as possible).I think Sony was overwhelmed by demand the same way Nintendo was at wii -release and both were not able to predict such a high demand .

There is nothing stupid this time and it will have some positive side-effect.People who can't get a ps4 may buy a wii u or xbox1 as they don't want to wait.That's good in terms of competition=good for us as competition increases quality and lowers prizes.

1 million preorders 3 months before it came out..and even before that Sony announced many times the demand is unspeakably high. It's like a project. They had all the information for how do the project on time..still they ended up handing the project in late.

dsage01 said:
SxyxS said:
dsage01 said:

1 million preorders 3 months before it came out..and even before that Sony announced many times the demand is unspeakably high. It's like a project. They had all the information for how do the project on time..still they ended up handing the project in late.

1)You cannot just build an additional production line within few days.Knowing that there is higher demand needs plans,lots of mone, and a strategy,logistics and room to build them.After building them you have to test wether they work correctly,you need to teach workers,you need skilled workers and experienced controllers etc.

2)You must manage to find a balance between demand and facilities to produce.

It makes no sense building expensive facilities to produce 2 mio console a month just to meet the peak of launch demand when you just need to produce 1 million in the long run as demand declines after release.

It is similar to online only games.Blizzard & EA knew 100% that they need eg. 8000 servers to meet the peak of onlinegamers when they released diablo3/Sim City.They installed just 2000 because they knew that 2000 is more than enough in the long run as the peak will decline a few weeks after release.They knew gamers will get angry in the beginning but they also knew that it is not necessary to buy  6000 additional servers for a few days of peak demand.(just a megawaiste of money)

(i just used some random server numbers to explain it)

SxyxS said:
dsage01 said:
SxyxS said:
dsage01 said:

1)You cannot just build an additional production line within few days.Knowing that there is higher demand needs plans,lots of mone, and a strategy,logistics and room to build them.After building them you have to test wether they work correctly,you need to teach workers,you need skilled workers and experienced controllers etc.

2)You must manage to find a balance between demand and facilities to produce.

It makes no sense building expensive facilities to produce 2 mio console a month just to meet the peak of launch demand when you just need to produce 1 million in the long run as demand declines after release.

It is similar to online only games.Blizzard & EA knew 100% that they need eg. 8000 servers to meet the peak of onlinegamers when they released diablo3/Sim City.They installed just 2000 because they knew that 2000 is more than enough in the long run as the peak will decline a few weeks after release.They knew gamers will get angry in the beginning but they also knew that it is not necessary to buy  6000 additional servers for a few days of peak demand.(just a megawaiste of money)

(i just used some random server numbers to explain it)

1.) They had much more than a few days..they knew MONTHS in advance the demand will be extremley high based off incredibly high pre orders which gives them plenty of time to produce more. Due to the lack of supply, people who pre ordered a PS4 and were expecting one in November are now getting one in March (in some terriotries) and in other places its all compltley sold out for the time being. This is embarssing considering the knew many months before that PS4 will break all records..and anyalst were all expecting the sales numbers that the PS4 is recieving now...but due to lack of supply the drop will be CRAZY impacting sales.   

2. "You must manage to find a balance between demand and facilities to produce." Exactly! If all your products are sold out in less than 24 hours that the production level is obviously not meeting the minimum demand.