By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Disc Drive Issues are Real

DirtyP2002 said:

For the Disc Issues:

I just played with my Xbox One for a couple of hours and I thought I had the same problem.

Actually all the games come up with a FREAKING huge Day One Patch (CoD Ghosts, Ryse, Dead Rising 3 for me) and these patches are like 1.3 GB or something.

So if you insert your disc, it starts to install the game and it seems to stand at 0% and you might think it did not even start. What it really does is downloading the huge patch, so the first 0-5% of the install is actually a download and it might take a while, depending on your internet connection. From this point on the install is much faster and you can start the game way before the install is even finished. While you play, the install will happen in the background and you won't even notice.

So no panic needed when the install does not seem to start

Are you talking abiut the actuall disc drive?

Around the Network

MS learned their lesson from the 360. I'm thinking this will be a non-issue in 3-4 days tops, just like the PS4 issues.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

manny10032 said:
DirtyP2002 said:

For the Disc Issues:

I just played with my Xbox One for a couple of hours and I thought I had the same problem.

Actually all the games come up with a FREAKING huge Day One Patch (CoD Ghosts, Ryse, Dead Rising 3 for me) and these patches are like 1.3 GB or something.

So if you insert your disc, it starts to install the game and it seems to stand at 0% and you might think it did not even start. What it really does is downloading the huge patch, so the first 0-5% of the install is actually a download and it might take a while, depending on your internet connection. From this point on the install is much faster and you can start the game way before the install is even finished. While you play, the install will happen in the background and you won't even notice.

ehm, excuse me?

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
manny10032 said:
DirtyP2002 said:

For the Disc Issues:

ehm, excuse me?

Sorry lol, Are you talking about the actual disc drive issue? Like the issue with the grinding noise

IGN reported that one of their Xbones can't read disks. Makes a Loud 'crunchy noise'

Around the Network

That sucks for those with defective machines. Mine's working well.

I'm sick of x1 problems I'm having.... about week after I had it it wouldn't install a game 100 percent which also prevented me playing anything else, so I rang support and they informed me to connect it wired and do hard reset. After all that it worked so thought oh well just a bug. Didn't play machine again for a while until Titanfall Beta which I must add is awesome imo . Now just today I decide to play forza 5 and wouldn't read disc. took that out and placed ryse in and it read that, then I place dead rising 3 in to play and it's saying I need update . go to do update and wouldn't work, Go to support website and this is what it has there
After going on about network check etc

3.Select Start update again.
4.If you see the There was a problem with the update screen again, power cycle your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for 5 seconds. After the console has shut down, unplug the power cord and wait 30 seconds.
5.Plug the console back in and turn it on using the Xbox button. Power cycling will reset the network card and clear the cache.
6.Select Start update again.
7.If you see the There was a problem with the update screen again, you can try using the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool.
8.If any of the following apply, you may need a repair: •You can’t correct your network connection.
•You can’t try a wired connection.
•You continue to see the There was a problem with the update screen while attempting the update with a wired connection and after power cycling the console.
•You can’t complete the installation of the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool.

9.To submit a repair, visit the Xbox Online Service Centre.

So do what is says, Reset console try game again and still won't work . Go back to ryse and working fine so seems to be reading discs again. Go back try again for DR3 and says can't play till updated yet update won't work. If it wasn't for Titanfall being so good I'd return this junk back to the shop. Anyway i'm trying to stay calm cause I really feel like throwing it out on the road so hopefully a bus comes and runs it over.
anyone else had these issues XXXX I hate this new gen sometimes although my wii u and ps4 have both had no issues.