By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The OFFICIAL 2014 NBA Thread! December 22 update: BACK BY REQUEST

Jay520 said:
I like the Mags, but so glad Spurs won. They must redeem themselves after last year's final's Game 6.

Haha, dat Rayray shot though

Around the Network

Amazing first round playoffs so far. Perhaps the best I've ever seen.. the Thunder - Grizzlies series became the first in the history of the NBA to have 4 overtime games in a row.

I would say that the hawks upset would be bigger compared to the one in Nuggets vs Sonics for two reasons:

1) It's harder to pull an upset on a 7 game series compared to a 5 game series
2) That Denver team had superior talent compared to the current Hawks team.

Reading ESPN today seems like nobody believes the Hawks will complete the job .. and almost nobody believes in the grizzlies neither.

The grizzlies is a hard team to predict... they only seem to play at their best when they aren't favorites. They probably would have lost the series already if they were the #2 and the thunder #7 -- their spiritual leaders (Z-bo, allen) only seem to focus when they are underdogs. And by the way, I seriously dislike Mike Conley.. I would take Derek Fisher as my starting PG even at his age... can't believe how much time and effort the grizzlies have invested on turning Conley into a marginal role player that completely collapses every time the game is on the line.

Here are my predictions for today's games:

Clippers - Warriors = Clippers
Thunder - Grizzlies = Grizzlies
Pacers - Hawks = Pacers

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Jay520 said:
I like the Mags, but so glad Spurs won. They must redeem themselves after last year's final's Game 6.

The spurs are and will keep getting exposed through the playoffs. Parker never has been and never will be a true franchise player, the spurs chances were over when Duncan and gino aged. They are lucky that the Mavs are an old team too.. but look at what happens when they play athletic teams like the Rockets, the Thunder or the Heat. Popovich has done a great job in coaching mediocre players to elite regular season records but this team needed a bigger shakeup like 5 years ago

And finally my take on the Bulls ...

Sad to see the bulls go out like this. I though the Wizards had a pretty good chance of winning this on 6 or 7 games but I didn't expected to see the Bulls go out so easily.

The management is largely to blame. They gave up Deng for nothing because they wanted to tank the season.. but Noah and Thibs are not the kind of person to tolerate losing on purpose so the plan backfired. No Deng and no high pick neither

I guess the only good news is that they will have some good cap space to pursue another star player... rumor says that they will go after Carmelo anthony but nonetheless after two season ending injuries for Rose seems like this group peaked a few years ago already

The Pacers are done. They're absolutely terrible, and pathetic, and they deserve to be kicked out of these playoffs right now.

Around the Network
carlos710 said:
Jay520 said:

The spurs are and will keep getting exposed through the playoffs. Parker never has been and never will be a true franchise player, the spurs chances were over when Duncan and gino aged. They are lucky that the Mavs are an old team too.. but look at what happens when they play athletic teams like the Rockets, the Thunder or the Heat. Popovich has done a great job in coaching mediocre players to elite regular season records but this team needed a bigger shakeup like 5 years ago

What's a "true franchise player"?

Being a casual NBA follower who only watches the highlights of playoff games, I have no idea what you're talking about. But since I want the Spurs to win no matter what, I'm going to go ahead and say you're wrong, and there's nothing you can say to change my mind.

Three game sevens on Saturday.

Chris Hu said:
Three game sevens on Saturday.

Likewise three  game six Friday Crazy first round this year!

carlos710 said:
Jay520 said:

Tony Parker never needed to be a franchise player because they had already had Tim Duncan. As for the Spurs needing to blow up their team, they still consistently get one of, if not the best regular season records. And their old guys did take them to the Finals last year and they would have won if it weren't for Ray Allen hitting one of the most clutch shots in NBA history.

Im hoping for three game 7s on sunday.