By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The OFFICIAL 2014 NBA Thread! December 22 update: BACK BY REQUEST

These Playoffs are awesome! Tonight is gonna be huge :) My opinion thus far on the teams:

Lillard is ice cold. Didn't see Portland doing this well. Can't tell where they are gonna stop. LA is a beast, Lillard is a finisher, Batum is probably the best glue guy in the league. I'm starting to think they can even with the West. I like them.

I don't like Indiana, I was betting on Hawks from the start. Hibbert needs to wake up or sit down, no other way. I think they should go to West much more and they just may have a shot. Doesn't matter who gets out - the Wizz are gonna destroy them, since both teams are struggling so bad. The real reason for this Game 7 is that both these teams are so weak, not so good. The Pacers were so lucky they got to play Hawks. It's such a pity the Hawks lost Al :(

Raptors/Nets - I like Toronto more - young, athletic and hungry, moreover Nets belong to a Russian, so that's an automatic dislike :P But the Nets have such vets that I really find it hard to bet against them in Game 7. Both teams should make Miami work in the semis, this won't be another 4-0 for the Heat. I like the Raptors, but can't deny the quality of the Nets.

Spurs are the better team, but I just like both Nowicki and Ellis way too much. The brain says Spurs, since they can win it all - just like every season, but the heart says Mavs :) I like both these teams. If only the Mavs had a decent Centre. Not even a great one, a Centre like Gortat would turn them into a monster of a team.

Clippers - I think they are a mess. I expect so much more from them. For me they are underdelivering. Maybe Doc needs one more season with them? I don't know what it is, but I think this squad should be doing so much better. There seems to be something missing, but it's really hard to tell exactly what it is. They look like the best team in the West on paper, but something isn't clicking.

Warriors - loved them from the start of the season, but they lost so much depth with Bogut :( Now they also lost O'neil, who I like very much. With all their injuries I find it amusing that they managed to get to Game 7. Unless Bogut gets back for the next round and Steph gets better, I won't complain if they lose. But Andrew is back and Curry gets better - let the Warriors fight on! The teams are on par for me, one is underachieving, while the other is limited by injuries. Whoever can grow from what they show now should go on.

Thunder - I think Memphis was manhandling them. If it wasn't for Z-Bo being out and Conley being injured, I'd go with Memphis in Game 7, Gasol and Allen are monsters on the D, it's such a pleasure watching Allen work on KD. Now Thunder is a no-brainer, but this team isn't working just like the Clippers. They should be playing much better, but maybe it's just the Memphis playing this good. Still, I hate that Westbrook usually takes more shots than KD. I'm starting to think they need a different coach that would finally burn it into Westbrook's mind that he is the sidekick and the ball has to be in KD's hands when it matters.

Miami - without a healthy Big Al, Charlotte couldn't give them a real fight, so the next round will be their first real round. This is actually bad for them considering they weren't that hot late in the season. They have to re-develop their team chemistry with all their players back healthy and finally to develop their bench, which is the weakest since LBJ is here. I guess they will have plenty of opportunities next round, which should last for a while until the get the final test with the Wizz.

Wizz - I think they are growing with every game. Wall and Beal were terrified in Game 1, but now Wall is turning into a top PG and Beal is shooting better and better (Beal shooting 50% 3p vs Bulls! Just wow). At this point they know they can win with the best without Nene and that their fate isn't bound to any particular player performing every single night. Anyone can be the man on a given night, which is massive. They know they have 6 guys who can step up. They are rolling and the next round should be a breeze for them, no matter who they face. I also think they will cause Miami a lot of trouble in the Conference Finals and they actually stand a chance of taking it away from them. Miami will be the favourite, but Washington has some favourable match-ups there and this series will be a great one to watch.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network

It looks like the Pacers are going to survive the Hawks.

tiffac said:
It looks like the Pacers are going to survive the Hawks.

LOL that isn't saying much. The Wizards should be able to beat them handily.

All the home teams won I was hoping for at least one upset. Hope the Mavs can pull an upset tomorrow.

Sucks that the warriors lost :(. Hoping the nets and mavs win their game 7s.

Around the Network
chris212223 said:
Sucks that the warriors lost :(. Hoping the nets and mavs win their game 7s.

I'm hoping for the Nets to win too because that will make an interesting series with Miami xD

The Mavs acutally have pretty good center play out of both Dalembert and DeJuan Blair (who is a pretty good undersized big man) without those two there wouldn't be a game seven today.

The Nets barely won and too bad that the Mavs didn't even show up for game seven.  The Mavs still had a pretty good season overall.

Quick predictions for the 2nd round:

Spurs - Blazers = Spurs win
Thunder - Clippers = Thunder win
Heat - Nets = Heat win
Pacers - Wizards = Pacers wins

So I don't expect any upset in this round. I actually think that teams that had some problems in the 1st round (specifically the spurs and pacers) will look better now

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

My predictions:

WSH in 5 (my heart says in 4...)
SAS in 6
OKC in 7
MIA in 7

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.